Diversify into window cleaning?

Guest MRRCGUY

Guest MRRCGUY

Recently while giving a quote for some FG work at a new store in town the store owner mentioned that they use a window cleaning service which services them on a monthly basis. This got me thinking, "hey I could be doing that". Seems like if I have their tint biz and make them happy it would be fairly simple to get their "cleaning" biz also.

So, I have been looking into getting the required tools which is very minimal. Im not interested in being a full time Professional Window Washer, as I primarily do auto work and enjoy it very much. However picking up a few accounts with basic one story windows seems like some easy and consistent income. This place is paying $80 for 840sqft of glass to be cleaned once per month. My limited knowledge on the subject leads me to estimate that the job can be done solo in about 1 hour.

Before getting to pumped up about this, I thought I would post here to get input from those who may have gone this route before. Any and all input from those who have explored this, done this, or are currently doing this is very much appreciated.

never heard of it this way..... I always see window cleaning companies trying to offer window tinting but never the other way. Although it makes more sense seeing a tint pro offering cleaning. I say give it a shot if your needing additional income.

Edit: I said trying to offer, I meant trying to tint :twocents

I guess... If i got nothing else to do, then i would too. the reason why i say this i remember when i was doing two skylights for $149 and that took me less then an hour while i was talking to the customer... at the same time there was window cleaners who were charging to clean the whole house only under $100 o... the guy said it was going to take them like 3 hours to do.. they had these bad a** latters and stuff...

i don't think it would be worth my time.

Guest MRRCGUY
I guess... If i got nothing else to do, then i would too. the reason why i say this i remember when i was doing two skylights for $149 and that took me less then an hour while i was talking to the customer... at the same time there was window cleaners who were charging to clean the whole house only under $100 o... the guy said it was going to take them like 3 hours to do.. they had these bad a** latters and stuff...

i don't think it would be worth my time.

The reading that I have done has all indicated that houses are not where the money is, as they have to many small windows and obstructions around those windows. Storefronts are quite different in most cases. I am also a firm believer in "cherry picking" my jobs.

Guest MRRCGUY
. Although it makes more sense seeing a tint pro offering cleaning.

That sentence highlights a key factor here. Tint customers almost always ask about the "cleaning requirements" if their newly tinted windows. This leads us tinters right into a selling opportunity.

Guest Solscreen

When ever I do a tint job I ask if they would like me to clean there windows, I have picked up some very nice residential jobs, and the great thing is, it's repeat business. Give it a go if you have the time.

Guest juliet

I know this is an old thread, but what is the current rate more or less per sq. ft. on commercial an residential? feel free to p.m. me thanks

the people I use for exterior window cleaning are dirt cheap. Cheap enough that I dont want to do cleaning. I have done it before as a 1 time only price included in with the tint job. but I try to only clean windows that I am tinting. And if I have enough windows to tint I pay a helper just to clean ahead of me.

Archived