Shrinking Help

Guest Foogoo

When shrinking moderately difficult back glass's, I sometimes tend to get horizontal "fingers" or fat wrinkles at various places, especially on the corners. What can I do to get rid of them? Heating and flattening seem to make them worse.

Guest tinterjim

you should'nt have horizontal fingers. When I set up my back glass I always squeegee the film into an H pattern. sides are flat so no horizontal fingers.

Guest Litespeeds

Never shrink against the grain of the window film. You need to move the excess film so it creates a finger going up or down and then slowly shrink it away. It is best to work on quadrants at a time and move from outside towards the middle of the glass.

I generally squeegee the film down in the H pattern and begin shrinking slowly from the tops of the fingers and work my way down. The horizontal fingers develop as I work my way down. My only guess is that maybe I'm shrinking too much as once. Any other ideas?

The film simple will not shrink left to right ONLY up and down. if you try to shrink fingers to the left and right you WILL ruin the film. It will expand not shrink.

Make and H pattern and work them to the top and bottom only

If you keep moving the fingers to the sides get a job at your cousins cleaners because your not going to be tinting windows

Guest Sprinter

can you give us a style of car that this happens on pin point a car so we can take you from there. theres a few cars that have the areas you talk about right from the git go like a 91 celica or camero any of the 94-96 impala ss's.

if your doing the H like you say maybe your over shrinking the film to much it also sounds like your shirking finger by finger and not by area?

onther example would be the ford contour on the bottom half?

a few example would go along way so we can help you out?

Archived