WARNING 2009 Lexus IS 250

smookee408@yahoo.com

Do not remove any film that you've installed on the back glass. I had scratched the film on the back glass with my bulldozer. It must of caught some dirt. Two weeks ago I did the install and now I go to R/R with a jiffy steamer. Film starts to come off easy no glue left behind but IT TOOK HALF OF THE LINES WITH IT. No glue was left behind. Lexus in their infinite wisdom has made the lines razor thin. Even if your were unlucky enough to have glue still on the back glass, 0000 steel wool will still take the lines off. FWIW it was an OEM BG. This is a warning to others don't let this happen to you. If you do tint it make sure it's with good film that you shouldn't ever have to take warranty. IE it there's any mistake take care of it while it's still wet. :thumb:spam

This is a 2009 IS 250. At first when I saw the lines i thought it was just a coating that came off but indeed it was the lines. It is very thin and I had used the steamer to steam up the Back glass and turn on the defrost to check if they were still working. The lines are gone it looks like its going to be a very expensive week for me.

I have been noticing this on a lot of lexus cars , not just the IS-250. And it does not seem to matter what film, or how aggressive it is. I have been letting people know on R/R that it is a high likely hood of there being damage .

Guest thatsnappyguy

I can't seem to post the pic from my iPad but I had an 06 IS350's defroster lines wash off with just a stream of my spray bottle with soapy solution. Never once seen that happen with any vehicle.

When I bought a used 2007 gs 350 I r/r the whole car and didn't have any problems with the defroster. My BIL brother bought a used 2007 gs 350 and the film was too dark and he wanted to r/r. I suspected there might be problems so I steam a little corner and this gs lines started coming off. On the IS350 I was so shocked and I couldn't believe the lines really came off I had to make sure they really did. Took a multi-meter and put it on ohms and it was for sure the lines on the film had continuity. Just be careful out there.