Nissan Rogue

boomer

A 2 door Maxima would look hot though. Somebody photoshop it please. :thumb

I knew what you meant. I was giving you a hard time. 2 dr Max would look killer.

1. Most of the new Nissans door panels will do this. I have done it on the Altima and 370Z...ouch!!!! So it doesn't surprise me the Rogue is the same. I hardly ever heat on the inside but a touch usually doesn't hurt. Well these panels will not handle just a couple seconds of heat.

2. I do probably 75 Rogues a month and do not shrink any window on them except the back. They are pretty flat. Very rarely do I have a finger pop up. I think though in the cold weather it is a good idea to take the extra time to shrink them. I love doing these, especially the all clear ones, such cake!

Off topic a little bit, we just got some new design Nissan Quests. I'll be tinting one today and reporting...

Maybe my heat gun just isnt as hot, but I have yet to burn a panel on a Nissan at the dealership, and I touch up on the inside. Sometimes, I use an Unger handle to lay over the panel where I am heating, or over the trim on the outside so I dont risk burning anything. I dont know if you can "picture" what I am talking about, but I put the front of the handle over the trim/panel so the heat hits the handle and not anything else. Tip of the week?

Am I missing something here? I do the Rogue for the dealership here... Ive never once picked up a heatgun to shrink the doors on it.. No stretching either :thumb

(TintWizard @ Feb 2 2011, 11:51 AM) [*]897557

Am I missing something here? I do the Rogue for the dealership here... Ive never once picked up a heatgun to shrink the doors on it.. No stretching either dunno

That is what I mentioned earlier. Only the back window needs to be shrunk. Heating the doors probably doesn't hurt in the cold weather though

Top of Door panel will not take heat under your heatgun. Looks like a vinyl skin over the top half of the door panel and it will melt under your heatgun. 2011 Nissan Rogue :mad

I have been working at a Nissan dealership for the last 2 years tinting all the new vehicles we get in.. all you do is pull the tops of the panel back, there is no seal its just the plastic piece that holds the door panel to the frame which is attached to the door panel... gently pull back and pull the door panel over the metal lip of the inner door frame... if doing drivers side start with the left side of the panel, than move to right near mirror, same with passenger side, just move from right to left... but make sure you reverse this on both sides when to pop the plastic lip back over the meal inndr door frame or it will be a nightmare... and when you pull the pannel, you may hear a pop... thats just one of those little plastic holder things that popped out with the panel, just make sure it goes back in the hole before you tap on the panel when finished or it will bend or break... the only one that will pop out is on the lest side of the dr, and the right side of the pass...

I melted the outside rubber seal on one of these yesteday. I had a small finging and put the heat to the outside for about 5 seconds and that is all it took to distort that flimsy POS rubber seal.

That is the first time ive encountered this.

Lesson learned.