Liability on illegal window tint

Guest afiaaron

great thread, but the guy down the street then gets all the work. But as said, everyone wants to look like a rapper or a gangster and drive behind black glass. I myself used Air70 all around my XB, heck i can,t see out 35 !

Edited by Stryper

The way i look at it, we get paid to install film. Its not my job to tell a customer what they can and cant do. Would i put 5/20 on a windshield, NO, but its not my job to restrict them. Yes, i use some judgement on what i will comfortably install, but a mid-aged guy comes in and want 20 all around, and 35 on his windshield isnt a red flag, pay in cash and we''re good to go. A 16 year old comes in and wants 5 all around and 20 on the windshield......Totally Different Story...

On 12/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, scgolfer88 said:

The way i look at it, we get paid to install film. Its not my job to tell a customer what they can and cant do. Would i put 5/20 on a windshield, NO, but its not my job to restrict them. Yes, i use some judgement on what i will comfortably install, but a mid-aged guy comes in and want 20 all around, and 35 on his windshield isnt a red flag, pay in cash and we''re good to go. A 16 year old comes in and wants 5 all around and 20 on the windshield......Totally Different Story...

So the guy you know next door, it isn't his job to let you know someone's stealing your car? Got it.

Ethics in the age of Trump.

5 hours ago, smartie2shoes said:

So the guy you know next door, it isn't his job to let you know someone's stealing your car? Got it.

Trump has little to nothing to do with the absence of ethics in this business. In fact, the industry as a whole is a whores business.. fostered and incubated by the manufacturers who refuse to police their own products or those who represent it. 

Yeah, you're right Tom, ethics deteriorated long ago and simply

made way for him.

As to mannies policing their product, your point does not hold up. What of gun mannies (gun violence), toaster mannies (dropping 'em in bath water), knife mannies (stabbings), car mannies (speeding and drunk driving, etc.), spray paint (huffing) and on and on and on we can go. T

Laws are set forth for us to abide by; not tap dance around them or point the responsibility finger toward another when we individually choose to stray. Violate them and you face consequences. Limo tint is legal in every state in the US though, not in all cases; it was requested and designed for use on limousines and tour buses. Just because it's sold in all states doesn't make it okay to install to any glass. NHTSA and the film mannies agreed upon the reminder found on boxes of auto film today that warns of its proper use. Ethical responsibility (edit: for the buyer) to abide by laws kicks in at the point of purchase.😁

Edited by Tintguy1980