2011 Chrysler 200

TintStuff

i tinted a chrysler 200 yesterday. the windows are just like the 2010 sebring except for a headliner 3rd brake light and one weird thing. the front two windows have (in big bold letters) "mopar secure shield laminated glass" written on them. all the rest of the windows are just plain mopar windows. anyone know what they are and why this is?? im guessing they are just UV protectant windows. is it just Chrysler being cheap?

i have pictures if anyone wants me to post them too.

maybe the glass is laminated. Ive seen it on some of them. You can tell by looking at the top edge and you will see the two pieces of glass put together but with a plastic laminate in the middle. Just like windshields.

maybe the glass is laminated. Ive seen it on some of them. You can tell by looking at the top edge and you will see the two pieces of glass put together but with a plastic laminate in the middle. Just like windshields.

yea it is i just dont understand why is it the front 2 only. mercedes and bmw do it all the way around. why would Chrysler stop at the front 2?

yea it is i just dont understand why is it the front 2 only. mercedes and bmw do it all the way around. why would Chrysler stop at the front 2?

yes this means that the front doors are laminated glass. If you roll down the indow and look at the edge of the glass you will see the laminate in the middle of the 2 pieces of glass.

Alot of newer cars are coming with this type of glass in the front doors. Not sure how long it will last, but i can tell you this laminate glass is alot weaker then tempered glass.

Be very careful when heating these windows, and also when hard carding them. To much preasure and they will break.

Oh also watch putting really dark film on these windows, to much heat stress from the sun could cause them to break.

safety punkin! safety! Most people get thrown out their front windows in crashes.

and the really cool part is when you get in an accident those windows will break into large shards of glass that can do alot of damage...as opposed to tempered breaking into a million little pieces that don't do as much damage.

Guest scottydosnntkno

safety punkin! safety! Most people get thrown out their front windows in crashes.

:lol2 although I always thought it was more to prevent smash n grab thefts, because as blade said laminated glass breaks into bigger chunks in an accident. Granted, the laminate holds most of it together, but still

many new chryslers and GM's have the front two laminated. almost all newer(07+) buicks have the front two lamin'd. New durangos, rams, etc

The manny`s are doing it to meet the interior noise level standards set by the govt. The noise level is measured in the front seats, so thats all they`re concerned with. From a safety stand point, I wouldn`t have a vehicle with laminated front doors. I don`t understand how they are getting away with it either, since tempered glass is supposed to be standard safety equipment in all vehicles.

Guest Mo Evo

The Hyundai Genesis sedan is another with this 'feature'. And yes I was told by the factory rep, this was done to reduce noise levels.

Archived