which aftermarket windshield should I go with?

My truck was sitting facing the sun yesterday morning and my windshield cracked. I don't have much experience with glass replacements, I have seen plenty of aftermarket windshields that are not optically clear and look horrible with a wavy pattern. Who makes a nice windshield for a 05 silverado 1500 ?

PGW is good for that truck. I've seen FYG and some of the other Chiniese aftermarkets have the molding wrinkle up in a short amount of time.

Just so you know OEM would most likely be PGW, Pilkington, and Guardian, any of those will probably just fine.

I installed PPG and Pilkington for a few years. The only comparable difference really was cost. Ever vehicle that I replace windows with I still use Pilkington. My 67 Buick, Mirage, Cougar, and Durango all have pilkington windshields and the mirage also has a rear window from them.

I installed PPG and Pilkington for a few years. The only comparable difference really was cost. Ever vehicle that I replace windows with I still use Pilkington. My 67 Buick, Mirage, Cougar, and Durango all have pilkington windshields and the mirage also has a rear window from them.

What glass company did you work for?

What glass company did you work for?

I used to work at Z-tech Audio Plus in Terre Haute. They have a glass replacement business in there also.

PGW or Pilkington

exactly, but id go for pilkington cuz the dots will be inside the glass and look best once its tinted. thats what id do

that's one thing i was going to mention. i love the fact that pilkington has the border and dots inside the glass with the laminate. :pooping they always look better after tinting.

Archived