2007 tl headaches

Guest rivercitytint

Guest rivercitytint

4 weeks ago i tinted a 2007 tl. custy picked up car was very pleased with my work away he went. i recived a call last night from him raiseing hell about a few small scratches in his window moldings. and reading on the acura forum about removeing the rear quarter windows to tint them. i went and looked at the car today and yes the moldings have very small scratches in them! is this common on the car it has the black moldings and he is requesting i replace them. also he wants me to pull the rear quarters to tint them, are they like the accords??? i have done a few other tl's never herd a gripe or complaint. classic case of the rookie!

door moulding's have to be felted.you dont need to pull the quarter glass out.i trim the edge of the moulding and slid the film rite in....

I think hes asking about scratches on the moldings themselves. Honestly the car is 4 years old and rubber gaskets scuff pretty darn easy. It would be one thing if you had cut one, but if is just looks like small scuffs i wouldn't replace them. And on the qurters windows I wouldn't pull them either. try only wetting the film and not some much the glass this should help keep the dust down if thats the problem. :twocents

Guest rivercitytint

as far as the moldings the guy is hell bent on me replaceing them! i got pictures of the car before and after and moldings look the same its a lost cause. he is supposed to bring the car to me today and i am going to redo the quarter windows. its people like this that make me wanna stop tinting. KICK ROCKS!! HAHA

I have done 100 + acura TL's from this era. Started out with the moleskins when people first started to complain about the scratching. this is a manufacturers defect, not a tinting defect first and foremost. If not for the tint , sometimes the glass itself will scratch when going up and down in the tracks. It is a simple fix however. What I do now is take the panel off, remove the gasket, wet sand it with very course sandpaper, then follow up with very fine sandpaper until the gasket feels very smooth . Then I treat the gasket with silicone. I have had zero issues with scratches doing it this way, and you dont have to come out of pocket on the moleskins. The other thing i did not like about the moleskins is that it is felt, so if dirt , or dust does get down there, which can happen if the customer drives around with their windows rolled down, then it may still scratch the film up. It is still a good solution though. As far as the quarter windows, you do not have to take them apart, and you can get the film all the way back to the edge. Just takes some fineness and patience. If I were you, I would address the door issue, even though it is not your doing, just to have a happy customer. I know it sucks, but at the same time, you want people to speak positively of you rather than negative . :thumb Good luck on resolving this situation.

Guest rivercitytint

i just finshed the car it came out spotless quarters were very easy once i found the trick to them, the custy still wasnt happy due to inconvience and the small scratches on the trim peaces, being the honest man i am i gave him a refund and said i apprciated his biz and hope this makes it right with him. and he still wasnt happy man i guess some people just cant be pleased. i havent been in this long i have done quite a few cars with alot more then this one and this is a first. i guess its part of the biz and learning also. thanks everybody for the imput!

Guest rivercitytint
a-hole customer was probably thinkin "scratches on trim complaint works every time."

you know i have been thinking and he is the type of person that seems to live his life that way to better himself and piss on guys like me that work 2 damn jobs to make a liveing! i give props to the senior tinters who know how to deal with a customer like this ( class on glass tintdude leo and everybosy elese thats been in this post! and all the vets of this biz. i was so upset about this guy and his issues today i vented to my father about it who has been retired for years and he said welcome to the world of owning your own biz someones always out to f### you. my solution!!!! just ordered my 42 inch plotter and tint tek. the methadone of a tinters world!

Archived