competition needs help

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

this doesn't have anything to do with tint. but you guys will appreciate it just the same.

I had a customer call last week needing a new windshield and a new gasket for a 1966 chevy truck. gave him my price and never heard from him again. I have a competitor here in the same town that mainly does flat glass and mirror. but he does auto glass too. he uses that crap made in tiawan while I use Pilkington (LOF) glass, which is OEM in about 55% of new cars today.

anyway, he calls me this morning and has this truck in there trying to put a new windshield in it and can't do it. so he wants me to come down and install it for him. :rollin:rollin:rollin

I am so tempted to call this customer and tell them what's happening. if I don't go install it for him, he'll have to give the truck back with no windshield in it, or pay out the ass having someone drive from 50 miles away to come install it. :rollin

this is what happens people (customers) when you take your car to the lowest bidder.

Guest Litespeeds

I would teach the customer a lesson and not drive all the way there to help your competitor install it. If he can't do it for the price he quoted, then it makes him look bad. If the customer comes back to you, I am sure your price just went up a few more $$'s since it is a very hard glass to install. Let them come crawling back to you. :rollin

I would teach the customer a lesson and not drive all the way there to help your competitor install it.  If he can't do it for the price he quoted, then it makes him look bad.  If the customer comes back to you, I am sure your price just went up a few more $$'s since it is a very hard glass to install.  Let them come crawling back to you.  :rollin

:rollin

Guest thetintshop

I really don't want to p1ss this guy off, we've gotten along for years, always helpin each other with moldings, urethane, ect., whatever one of us needs, the other always has. he sends me those looking for an exact replacement glass, and I send him those just looking for a cheap glass. and he's a really nice guy, so I didn't want to make him mad at me.

so I called him after much thought, and told I just couldn't help him. I told him this had nothing to do with him, this was strictly because this guy had previously been to me asking for a price. after I told him my reasoning, he said "I understand, no problem." he even called me back a few minutes ago and said he got it in after 2 hours.

but I'm still tempted to call this customer and tell them what happened. cause you can sure bet he's going to tell them there wasn't anything to it.

Archived