AS-1 Line Expert Needed

Guest WDMEsquire

Guest WDMEsquire

The fee is $200 for what I anticipate will be an hour of work (door-to-door). We are, indeed, challenging the stop. All I need is for someone to step up and tell the judge what the law is and were the AS-1 line mark is.

Guest WDMEsquire
PLEASE , Put up a pic of said vehicle , with the visor strip in full view.

Most anyone here can spot a too low strip.

That's why you're the expert and the cop isn't.

Guest WDMEsquire
In some instances a persuasive rather than controlling argument is allowed when the law is somehow unclear or silent.

That being said, I give you this alternative method of getting to the same objective as the AS-1 line.

(1) The bottom edge of the material is at least 29 inches above the undepressed driver’s seat when measured from a point ( )3 five inches in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver’s seat in its rearmost and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.

(California)

V C Section 26708 Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver's View

Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver’s View

Good advice. I think I'll see what other states use for their measurment and make sure the judge is aware of it.

Many Florida LEO's can use a tint meter correctly. That already puts them ahead of installers in many states who aren't even familiar with that technology. :thumb

I'm dying to know the charge this guy is fighting. My money is on drugs or DUI

typically AS-1 lines are about 4" from the top. pretty easy to tell if a strip is too big. doesn't take a tinter or rocket scientist....i'm sure even a cop can figure that one out.

even if the cop is the Tint Terrorist? :beer

I've assisted in federal cases before. I would come help you out if I was a little closer. I wish I knew someone down in that area that would have that kind of knowledge. Not that any tinter is probably going to know all of those questions especially about when the AS-1 line was first used. They will almost definitely have to be doing a little research. But what you want in this case is someone who has been in the industry for 10+ years. Sorry I know, not much help. But you will either find someone here or start calling local shops that are well established