AS-1 Line Expert Needed

Guest WDMEsquire

which means the strip had to have been huge and justification for the stop.

Or it wasn't and it was an excuse. I have had my customers (my customers) that have been stopped for illegal window tinting AND IT IS LEGAL!

If there was a question as to whether or not the strip was near or past the AS1 I am thinking it was probably not a huge strip.

which means the strip had to have been huge and justification for the stop.

Or it wasn't and it was an excuse. I have had my customers (my customers) that have been stopped for illegal window tinting AND IT IS LEGAL!

If there was a question as to whether or not the strip was near or past the AS1 I am thinking it was probably not a huge strip.

Of course I could be wrong... but I am just saying!

You'd think if this guys ass was on the line for 3yrs in prison someone could fork up more than $200 for an expert witness to help prove the key argument in the case. If no one local wanted to upset the local PD an out of towner would have been a no brainer.

That being said, I've backed out of that exact task for two reasons. One my employer probably wouldn't want me doing it, and as much as I support the right to police following the rules I'm not going to be the guy to help a drunk or a drug dealer walk.

We must ALWAYS question the police and their motives. And for those that disagree... well, you're a tool.

It was not a question of whether it was an illegal visor strip (which might very well be unconstitutional), but whether the officer was able to determine it was from a far distance, which none of us can unless it's halfway down the windshield. Can he tell you were speeding just by watching you drive by? Maybe at 100mph over but at 5mph over? 10mph over?

Can we just all agree to act a little more professional when another professional asks us for advice? Damn there are some stupid window tinters...

PS TintChick, thanks for being the voice of reason!

I believe even the guilty deserve a defense. And if his car was illegally searched then to bad... throw it out and move on. Police officers who do not follow appropriate procedure put us all at risk!

I know the police are always getting in trouble here in NJ/PA.... it's crazy. And I know they serve a very needed service. I'm not anti-cop at all.. but they gotta follow their rules just like we have to follow ours.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, Guest Chris said:

I'm not for sure, but it appears as if the as1 line is in relation to a level line from to top edge of the back window through the windshield.

Old thread but, I'll bite.

AS system is used to identify the federal testing standard the glass meets. I believe there are about 13 standards to which you rarely if at all would see above AS-3 on passenger vehicles. The location of AS-1 on a windscreen has more to do with marking critical viewing area than being in alignment with the rear glass. The area below AS-1 is considered critical viewing area.