Film Designs software

Carmeltinting.com

Film Designs is a better software. The patterns are pretty good. Not perfect but most are right on. I have only come across 1 or 2 that were so off that I couldn't even use them. Their doors are usually cut right to fit, which I, like most tinters prefer it a little long on the sides. This is easily remedied as they have a nice little tool to let you stretch the film up,down, side to side. And they offer a short cut or long cut version. Basically the "long" cut is the same pattern just with the bottom lengthened 1/4" for those panel pullers who like to tuck low. I haven't used the software for graphics or PPF as these cost extra. We just have the tint patterns. I used CC and liked the software but not the cuts. I had a lot of patterns that were way off. If you like CC you will love Film Designs. The tech support is great too. The guy that designed the software is always just a click of the button away and he can do remote access into your system in case you have any problems or whatever. I have done the same thing as you and saved a lot of the patterns I have changed a little bit. And by changing I mean extending the front of a door just a hair. I had to stretch the sides on the 2011 Jetta ever so slightly to make sure the dots were covered completely. Things like that. All in all, it is super solid. And I have used CC, 3M's software, Digitint, and one other one, can't remember. This one gets my vote. Wouldn't change

Do you mean that their patterns show light coming in from the sides? Like some Hyundai models and Toyotas whose doorglass windows rock back and forth in the frame? I hate a light gap on the sides but a small gap at the top doesn't bother me.

Yeah I don't mean there is light coming in the sides but it is real close. If you look at different angles you will probably see the edge of the film and /or rubber. Like I said, I just stretch it a little bit to fix this problem. It obviously isn't ideal as I feel for the amount we pay for software these patterns should be right on

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to check it out come by this weekend and I'll show you what I know about it. I tried precision cut and liked their patterns but the software I didn't like as well.

I might take you up on that, but will have to let you know. It all hinges on whether I can break free or not. I'm not supposed to work this weekend.

I'll let you know. Thanks for the help. :beer

film designs patterns like said above most patterns are "decent" about 75% the other 25% are off at the top edge and you need to bump up and shave the top edge to get a nice fit or there short x / y axis and need to be adjusted to fit, which can be a pain but once you adjust and save you have it for next time. Brett is the owner and runs his own business which provides top notch customer service with remote access to your computer, which is why we continue to put it in our budget for the last 5 years.

Regarding the short and long patterns. Most short patterns are decent 75% will fit y axis right above the seal the other 25% will have a light gap at the bottom unless you leave nearly 1/4" gap at the top which is not acceptable at our shop. So we have come to find that were just going to cut long patterns which are 3/8" longer y axis and can be difficult to tuck on some tight seals.

As for the ppf patterns the 2 kits we cut were so far off we continued using invisible patterns now digital designs. Oh yeah most all framless roll down patterns are too far off for my liking, I just hand cut them. Give it a try you may find it fits your needs!!

Played around with it last night. First thing I noticed is it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooooooooo Slooooooooooooooow! It took forever to load patterns. This round goes to ComputerCut.

I cut an Acura TSX with it. I will let you know what I think of the patten once I get a chance to install it.

Later.., :spit

Played around with it last night. First thing I noticed is it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooooooooo Slooooooooooooooow! It took forever to load patterns. This round goes to ComputerCut.

I cut an Acura TSX with it. I will let you know what I think of the patten once I get a chance to install it.

Maybe your computer? Mine comes up pretty fast, it is slower with the ppf patterns (there are a ton of options on the PPF side). I do have a wicked fast laptop though.

Maybe your computer? Mine comes up pretty fast, it is slower with the ppf patterns (there are a ton of options on the PPF side). I do have a wicked fast laptop though.

yeh, mine is 4 years old still got xp on it too. ComputerCut is fast as can be though. Probably because it's mostly online software so nothing is stored on the computer but the base program.

FVD is a very complete software package though.

I can see potential, but i need speed, so i hope that's all it is...a slow computer

Archived