Film Designs software

Carmeltinting.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So how do you like Film Designs so far? Any questions?

eh, compared to ComputerCut, it's not very user friendly. The same "short" patterns that work great for Toyotas, and Acuras, and some Ford cars are way too short for the F150s. Not as consistent as CC.

I really like all the cool graphics crap I can do (which isn't available - yet - in CC), and if I switch I will lose access to literally thousands of files that I can search for that others have made available.

I'm afraid of switching because of this so I might keep both, although that would totally invalidate the whole reason I went looking for an alternative in the first place. duh. Bad idea.

I feel like I'm being held hostage in Iran and no one is coming to rescue me. :wall

This sucks!

UPDATE: Brett called me when I sent him a letter saying I was returning the hasp lock key and wanted to know why I was not going with his program over ComputerCut.

To make a long story short, he spent the next 2 hours on the phone with me so I could see the real benefits to his software. He extended the trial and is letting me use it through the end of this month at no charge! Now that's customer service!

So now I'm playing around with it and cutting almost all my patterns with FVD. I will let you know the final verdict once I make up my mind.

Stay tuned...

UPDATE Again:

Brett has proved his worth! Great guy, great software. He will go the distance to help you learn his software.

Once you get used to it the software is AWESOME! Love it!

I recommend it as a viable alternative to CC.

Only downside is you have only one hasp lock that must be shared on several computers if you want to cut from any of those computers the key must be plugged into them,

I have been using this FVD software for a few months now and I like it. It has allowed me to offer the patterns as a standard service and upsell my hand cut shaved edge patterns. The monthly fee rate I have is fair seeing as I have ppf and tint templates along with vinyl cutting options. As long as the user fees stay the same I'll continue to use it.

Also want to throw Brett a shout out he is willing to help and do whatever is needed to make his custy's happy. THANKS BRETT!

It has allowed me to offer the patterns as a standard service and upsell my hand cut shaved edge patterns.

Oh, that's a great idea... I'd never thought of the pattern as a standard price and up-selling the shave. When you shave the edge, do you hand cut the whole window or can you enlarge your pattern and cut away the excess?

It has allowed me to offer the patterns as a standard service and upsell my hand cut shaved edge patterns.

Oh, that's a great idea... I'd never thought of the pattern as a standard price and up-selling the shave. When you shave the edge, do you hand cut the whole window or can you enlarge your pattern and cut away the excess?

Sorry I guess I missed this. When I offer shaved edges, I skip the patterns all together and hand cut, then bump up and shave where needed. Lately it has been all software cut tint jobs, due to people wanting to save the money.

Archived