friends tinted cadi

Guest lissey

My guy friend got pulled over in dayton ohio for tint violation. The problem is that the vehichle was not his. He got into alot of trouble, what should I do? The legal limit is 50% and the officer said it read 32%. Is there a such number and does light interior have anything to do with readings?

Oh boy... the old, 'I am not responsible for getting into a vehicle which is in violation of State Motor Vehicle Laws', scenario.

Key words here are: "I am not responsible"

Law is 50% in ohio and if the officer metered it at 32%, then it looks to metint that, owner or not, he (your friend) was operating a vehicle that did not comply with the laws of the State.

Interior has nothing to do with it, visible light transmission does.

Pay the fine... chalk it up to lesson learned.

Not what you want to hear, but it is what it is... :bingo

Guest H?perOptik

correct me if I am wrong... state law where vehicle is stopped applies, and not state law where vehicle is registered?

if so... man.. you really gotta know the differing limits in each state!

correct me if I am wrong... state law where vehicle is stopped applies, and not state law where vehicle is registered?

if so... man.. you really gotta know the differing limits in each state!

From the troopers I've talked to here, they don't care what state your from. If you're in their state you follow their laws.... :bingo 20 minutes away is Idaho. We have a shop there too. Those troopers won't ticket you for illegal tint if you're from another state. Of course...like with everything else it's up to the cop. Ask 10 different cops and get 10 different answers.

Guest Litespeeds

Technically I think each vehicle can be sited if it does not meet the law at the state that they are in but if you show residence in the state that allows the tint to be 32%, then it is really up to the officer if he wants to enforce the law or not.

Not exactly sure about this one. Maybe you should take it to court and see if you can fight it. :bingo

you can not be given a ticket for tint. if your registered in another state. plain and simple. but that does not mean that you will not be given a ticket. especialy if it is a small town. the cops figure you dont know better. and even if you do . then you would have to go to court to have it thrown out. and if your in another state you probably. wont come to court to fight it. so thier little town gets some fine money. and the cop will probably get some overtime out of it.

but to the person asking the question. me tint is right if he took the car. he is responsible for whatever happens. if the car is not his oh well. either ask the person who owns the car to pay the ticket. witch I wouldnt do . [if I had a lamborghinni and my buddy was stopped for speeding. tough shoit on him shouldnt have drove such a fast car.] or pay the fine himself.

a friend of mine goes to wyotech and had me put 5% on his eclipse (just the rears) he got pulled over and said he was from IA and was just going to school, they said "Ohh ok be on your way then" dunno if it was a ignorant cop or thats the way the law is

Chris

Archived