Do any of you fellow tinter's do shrink wrapping?

Here in New York we get hit with some brutal winters, halting tinting for some time. The business tends to slow a bit the end of October till Feb. So I started a sub business which in a way is similar to window tinting as far as. A heat gun, a roll of film and shrinking. This winter was my second year in that field and let me say there is allot of money to be made in a short time. The tools of the trade consist of a shrinkfast 998 heat tool and a propane tank , a roll of shrink wrap i use 8 mil white , some strapping and buckles, and a tensioning tool. Also some plastic vents etc... Easy low cost start up and charging $6 to $18 dollars a foot depending on what your wrapping.

We wrap anything from big and large boats to cars to jet ski's to high end lwn furniture, pools , etc...

Whats great is when we advertise for this service in the winter the phone rings none stop and when we are at a customers house doing a job we push the window tint as well, We get tint then shrink boat jobs, House jobs, Auto jobs etc after dealing with the customers on the shrink wrap so its a win win!!!

I was just wondering if there are any other tinter's that have done this or brought this into there business as another add on to offer there customers? Most of my customers have boats and jet ski's etc and most people here in New York Long Island get there boats and ski's wrapped. So every tint i do i give them a shrink card as well in there customer care packet. Anyone else doing this?

(And P.S to the admin, I was trying to post this under related trades on its own but could not figure out how to! Please help fix, i did not mean to post in auto detailing, sorry.)

Soo...... You 'shrink wrap' cars and what not just for the winter to protect the items from the snow and rain.... and then the customer un-wraps them in the spring ?? :barf

I don't think i've ever seen such a thing :cool

I have never thought of this for more than half a second. A guy last fall actually asked me about it for his boat and I didn't even think twice about it.

I live on the edge of cottage country... might be an interesting idea.

Archived