cutlass 4 door one piece back window ....

Guest professor

Guest professor

any one know of anybody claiming to be able to do this rear window in one piece ?? I know of someone who claims he know a guy that can , (I dont belive it ) eary 90's olds cutlas 4 door that is

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'l find a few of us on here that can...I've done it a couple of times just to say I can..but there's enough "good" jobs out there that I don' put myself through it anymore :passout

Seen it done before with my own eyes... don't ever tell the film manufacturers what one has to subject their film product to so it will lay down in one piece. :passout

I send 'em packing on down the road to the nearest swelled-head tinter... while he's busy with the Cutlass I'll tint the regular cars he can't get to. :thumb

I send 'em packing on down the road to the nearest swelled-head tinter... while he's busy with the Cutlass I'll tint the regular cars he can't get to. :foot

This is EXACTLY why I don't do them anymore..it just dosen't make financial sense + I refuse to put a lifetime warranty on any film I've tortured and stretched THAT much :passout When they hear no warranty & the high price..that usually gets rid of them (and I don't lose a wink of sleep doing this) :thumb

I send 'em packing on down the road to the nearest swelled-head tinter... while he's busy with the Cutlass I'll tint the regular cars he can't get to. :thumb

I just can't send someone down the road just because of the type of car it is. If they are heading down the road because they don't like my price then that's fine, but not just because I don't care to tint that particular car. Of course.....most don't like the price I quote for that type of car anyway. So I guess it works out the same. :passout

Guest Bluefeather

:cry:):007:hmmm:mad:passout:thumb:thumb:foot

My first experience with this barrel of fun was before the advent of heat shrinking a rear window in one piece and spent ?!@*!!? (censored) hrs. trying to get the last piece to lay. Looking back in retrospect and from what I have learned since then, it might of helped if I was using a different brand of film with a more agressive adhesive at the time. And of course, if heat shrinking film had been invented at the time, it also might of been a whole different ball of wax. But anyway, regardless, after spending an undisclosed amount of time to do it, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, I had an accident and cut my finger pretty bad, and then got called off to work on a flat glass job, so I never completed it. :)

The next experience I had with one was during the post heat shrinking era, and I looked at it and figured it would be a piece of cake. :crazy . Wrong :foot:nope:nope . And I gave up on it again.

A couple of years later one came into our shop and I made a bet with a newbie window tinter that worked there that sported a real cocky attitude, and I figured I had him on this one and he was about to learn how to stuff himself with humble pie. :DD Well guess who ended up having a double serving? :gasp This newbie who had not been tinting for even a year yet completed the most flawless, one piece rear window one one of these babies I have ever seen. The only one at that. IN ABOUT AN HOUR! :thumb:crazy

The only thing I can say about this is, and I regret not watching him do it to find oput how, is that when you're a beginer, chances are you might try things that are somewhat unconventional, that sometimes may work, as upposed to someone who is more set in their ways. :dunno . I do know that we had changed brands of film by that time and that might of helped.

The bottom line is I don't think I'd really want to experience another one unless it was a dead winter day with nothing else going on , had plenty of time to play wiyh it and was getting a premium price for doing it

Bluefeather

Guest SQUEEGEE

Before I was a tinter muhself I had the good fortune to watch a tinter

one piece my Olds Cutlass Supreme. It didn't look easy then and knowing

what I know now it was quite an accomplishment to say the least.

I've attempted a one piece on a car I've dubbed "The b***h" twice but have not succeeded to date. I seem to be good at getting three corners down only to fry the last one.

In the end I figured one piecing the b***h will only impress a limited few tinters and may only cost me more wasted film.

I two piece 'em now Chevy Baretta style and still charge high.

I've only put my hands on two of these since I began tinting. Part of me still wants to one piece the one that got away. I suppose I'll live if I don't.

:notwrthy

I just can't send someone down the road just because of the type of car it is.  If they are heading down the road because they don't like my price then that's fine,

Sorry... I shorted my post of this critical point.

I send 'em packing by pricing them soooo high, not blink an eye and ask if they would like to schedule. They don't... hence sending 'em packing down the road.

Thanx for picking that up Blade. :notwrthy

Archived