GCC Jaguar 40" Plotter

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

So I ordered a GCC Jaguar 40" Plotter mainly for vinyl but will be experimenting with it for tint to see if I like it. I have yet to ever use a plotter and hope I got the right one. Could anyone tell me what their opinion is on the jaguar if they've used it or even if they know a little about plotters? Its on back order right now so I figured while I wait I could get some opinions from some more experienced users. Thanks in advance!

I was supposed to be using precioncut but just got the plotter and program set up friday and found out that I can't get precisions cut to communicate with the plotter. I did use great cut from gcc just to get familiar with the plotter last night but would really like to get the precision cut program goin to test it out.

how do you connect your plotter to your pc. We use llumars program to cut film, and we use a serial cable thats connected to a serial to usb adapter then ran into usb on the pc. But i cant get it to work with any other program it wont communicate.

Im having the opposite problem.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64089

I am also using a usb to serial cable because llumars program will not communicate with a usb port when using generic plotter settings. Go to your device manager and make sure that under the serial port your usb to serial is set to com1. If not then plug it in to another usb port that is not being used so you done change your settings for the precisioncut program and then go into the device manager and click properties on your serial port and i think its under settings or something but you will go to advanced and change to com1. Mine was set on com17. Then in whatever program you are trying to use it with check the plotter settings and make sure their set to com1 also. If that doesn't help let me know, not sure theres a whole lot i can help with but ill sure try. I just got mine set up last night and am still trying to get it to work with precisioncut but like they said in the other post, llumar probably just hasnt finished installing what they need to so i may have to wait till monday :( o well I still love this plotter!!!

So I ordered a GCC Jaguar 40" Plotter mainly for vinyl but will be experimenting with it for tint to see if I like it. I have yet to ever use a plotter and hope I got the right one. Could anyone tell me what their opinion is on the jaguar if they've used it or even if they know a little about plotters? Its on back order right now so I figured while I wait I could get some opinions from some more experienced users. Thanks in advance!

that plotter is decent and does its job and for the price you get less features than a graphtec or any other plotters in the market but I personally like the Graphtec plotters, they are reliable and has many features.

Guest dgonz9606

curious to know how the jaguar turned out for you. was it reliable? im looking into getting one. primarily for tint, but do want to experiment with vinyl designs. 

I have this plotter afor bout a year now and i think its amazing very easy to set up and i cut vinyl and tint with it its a great bang for your buck in my opinion the only problem ive had is when using with computer cut it glitches sometimes and cuts through your windows but i dont belive this is an issue with the plotter i belive its a problem with computer cut software bc i use it with adobe ilistrator and great cut and still have not had that happen im thinking about switching to tint tek to attempt to rid of this problem

Hey Tint Dudes: I am with Apollo window Film and we distribute the GCC plotters and also re seller of the Film and Vinyl Designs software. I have been tinting for over 30 years and mostly hand cut. I have been using and selling the jaguar plotters for a year now and I also personally own a Graphtec. I can tell you if I did it again I would purchase the jaguar, way less money and it works great. I have also used most of the Cutting software out there. if you haven't checked it out yet Film and Vinyl designs is in my opinion the best. on another note I own several retail shops and use Apollo Window Film for over 5 years and there new Made in the USA films are amazing. feel free to contact me directly @ 844-LessSun

if you have any questions, I answer my phone and call people back. Like i said I have several shops and understand the everyday happenings in the window tinting business.

Archived