gmc sierra

dan_kohan

how do you take the damn panel off on the newer gmc sierra trucks. this is the only truck that i cant figure out how to get the panel off. i know there's 2 screws behind the cover you pop off on the door handle but never seem to get the door off. i think it might have something to do with the door lever to open the door but i have no idea how to get that thing off either if thats what i need to do....anyone else have problems getting them off. ive been tucking all sierra's so far but it would be nice how to take the door off in case one comes back for peeling problems.

This s one of those trucks that if you own a gasket wizard, you can install film real fast , clean without removal of anything. I know I'm a minority on that here but I wouldn't do it any other way... Beats tucking and removal on these newer model gmc and chev doors :beach

the newer ones you can pull the sweeps but you can't put the panel back over them when done. There will be 2 - 10mm bolts behind the vertical handle, 2 - 10mm behind the horizontal handle, and there is one right in front of the door lever....

The door lock button is quick and easy to release too.

use a bone tool or some plastic pry tool to remove the A pillar plastic and start the panel pull from that top corner. The panel pops real easy when you work around from the top front and over...

with my cordless I can remove one in a few seconds and wouldn't think of doing otherwise....

im a panel puller too, easy window to tuck, which is all ive been doing with these but i was just wondering how to take em off cuz its stumped me a few times trying to figure it out. pretty sure i must havemisted one of the screws around the handle. next time i get one in i will take a look. thanks alot.

Archived