Precision Cut/ Jaguar IV HELP!

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

I received my jaguar IV and am using Precision cut. The guy from llumar set up precision cut today and by the time he was done it was after 5 so he told me the rest was easy and if I had any questions to go to the help section. Well every time I try to hit the plot button i get the message "etccomx Must be registered to open connection" I am using a usb to serial converter because that is what was sent with it. I attempted to use the usb 2 cord but with the generic printer selected under plotter setup, which i have to use because the gcc jaguar is not an option, I am unable to select usb. My computer that has the precisioncut software installed and activated does not have a serial port so i am forced to use the usb to serial cable. The drivers should be installed for both the plotter and the usb to serial cable. I am stumped and hoping someone can help because i would like to get familiar with the plotter before I open for business monday and their tech support isnt opened till monday. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions...

i changed it to com1 from com17 but its still acting up...i got it to print with great cut, software from gcc, but still having issues with precision cut. it quit giving me that error but now it never comes up and says start when I send it to the plotter. I think I'm getting closer though.

Guest kccartint

Sounds like they need to finish up the install by installing the drivers. Its a 5 min deal but will fix your problem. You can play with it all day long but from your post the install is not complete yet. They log into a site to download the standard hpgl drivers. Be patient and it will get fixed.

Archived