im baffled with this problem

Guest arroyorick

Guest arroyorick

I HAVE A 89 MAZDA MX6/GT-TURBO,I INSTALLED A DELTA PRO 5005 COMBO IN IT AND ALL WORKS FINE,EXCEPT AFTER THE FIRST START OF THE DAY THE CHECK ENGINE LITE COMES ON AND THE CAR RUNS SO ROUGH IT ALMOST DIES.THE FIRST TIME I START IT EACH DAY IT RUNS FINE,WEATHER I REMOTE START IT OR KEY START IT THE PROBLEMS THE SAME.ITS LIKE WHEN IT WARMS UP THE CHECK ENG.LITE COMES ON.I TRIPLE CHECKED ALL IGNITION WIRES AND EVERYTHING IS RIGHT.ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? :

The only thing that I have had cause a check engine light and poor running on a remote start install is improper function of the Ignition 2 wire. Either hot during run and start, or just during run.

Your problem is a bit different because it is changes after the initial start of the day. When you are talking about every start after the initial start of the day, is the engine warm, or are you letting the engine cool down again? The computerized ignition/injection system on the car may be the factor here. The computer operates in open-loop until the engine warms up to a certain point, then switches to closed-loop operation. Do you know anyone with scan tool? That would be the simplest way to determine why the computer is setting the code that is causing your check engine light to illuminate.

The computer is designed to go into open-loop operation after the computer temp sensor reaches a specified temperature. This is a good thing, but in your case, it is also setting an error code. There must be a reason that it is setting this code. The computer system is unhappy with at least one of the inputs that it is receiving from one of it's sensors. The only way to find out which one, is to scan it.

It sounds like you need a Starter 2 wire energized at the same time as Starter 1. Quite a few imports incorporate a second starter wire for starting when it's cold. I'll check the computer at work tomorrow and see what my program says. Use your test light and see if there is another starter wire you missed.

my software doesn't go back that far. I'd guess it's a prob. with second starter, or with a second ignition powerup timing... all the ignition wires should act the same with remote start as with the key. I've had problems before where an ignition 2 staying powered through crank caused weird stuff to happen. double check your stuff. :lol6

did you 'jumper' any 2 wires together?? as a shortcut?? like ignition 2 and heater or soemthing?? if so, remove that as well...the other possibility is that it's a 'remote start gremlin' (aka coinkidink) :cry

Archived