How that's TB working out for you?

Had a customer come in to get a window matched up since someone busted out theirs and they got it replaced. At first I couldn't remember tinting a Mazda 3 in Bronze, so I pulled the invoice. 3/20/2010 20 True Black. I'm going to strip the whole car and re-tint it because it looks terrible and I hate having my name on it. They didn't ask, I offered. I am glad there are only a few cars out there that I've put this stuff on or I would look like the worst shop in town.

P1010585.jpg

P1010586.jpg

P1010587.jpg

P1010588.jpg

P1010589.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hate to say it but yesterday i installed some of the TB and i didn't leave it on longer than 20 minutes before pulling it off and retinting the doors in F1.....they looked way too brown for me. i just couldn't let it leave looking the way it did. plus the stuff felt almost rubbery to me. :money

I installed TB on my car last may and it turned to brown/bronze within 3 months. I just redid it a couple weeks ago and the film pulled off looked "exaclty" what your showing and looks worse in person. See, i have an 88 Mustang Gt and over an inch of the glass rolls up into the molding, leaving a very obvious dark strip going around the top edge of the glass. Try folding a piece in half up against the sun or a light, it literally looks pinkish-orange.

That too bad b/c I got used to installing it, but I just refuse to install any film that won't last.

hate to say it but yesterday i installed some of the TB and i didn't leave it on longer than 20 minutes before pulling it off and retinting the doors in F1.....they looked way too brown for me. i just couldn't let it leave looking the way it did. plus the stuff felt almost rubbery to me. :shock

I %&$# you not, the first roll I ordered installed just like ATC, even smelled like ATC. The next few were rubbery, didn't shrink for %&$# and didn't lay down for %&$#. I even noticed a line in the back glass that would have been heated and laid down and must have popped back up after.

At least that stuff comes off easy.... Or is that BS too!

It does come off easily. Hopefully the color change is a bit sped up due to climate. Sucks that it's that bad though.

Guest gabe

It has a blueish hue to it at first then turns brown. Maybe it should be a little browner from the start and it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Archived