How that's TB working out for you?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really just wondering where all of this weather-ability and standing up to ATC for a fair bit in accelerated testing comes from or what it proves. I am very glad the stuff was impossible to install well or there might have been a lot more cars out there with it :lol2 Thankfully I only used about a roll an a half or so, it just sucks because I can't stand seeing my work, and a pretty decent job, turn in to this. I already told you guys about the neon that had like 4-6 months on it that was more brown than the ATC 20 I tried to match up to it, and it started out blue/black. What is worse it that this was a dealer job, so I am putting a more expensive film, spending my time to strip and tint it, not to mention the film cost from the first time, all to save a little face. The customer didn't seem to notice, but I had to tell him, I was really embarrassed.

I understand that TB is not supposed to be "Color Stable" film, so I guess if you are upfront with your customers, its not a problem. I just don't get it though, if you told your customer that is doesn't hold up and they can pay another $5-$10 for something that will last, i think the decison would be a no brainer there.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I understand that TB is not supposed to be "Color Stable" film, so I guess if you are upfront with your customers, its not a problem. I just don't get it though, if you told your customer that is doesn't hold up and they can pay another $5-$10 for something that will last, i think the decison would be a no brainer there.

I have yet to have a car/customer come back complaining about the film and I installed loads of it :console

But then again I tell my customers what the warranty actually covers(peeling, bubbling, cracking) NOT fading or illegal installations(like many of my competition says "sure you have a warranty on your 35% windshield).

I've had it on my personal car for just about two years and don't see any noticeable change at the tops where the windows roll up into the gaskets. I just removed some of the lettering off my back window and don't see any ghosting of it in the film unlike when I used to use NR smoke from SG. Just stripped some off my stepdad-in-laws truck that was on less than a year and had purpled and you could see the black strip along the top from where the gasket hid it.

Howard's just been busy lately, I'm sure he'll notice this next time he's on.

I personally don't remember a single instance where he compared TB in any way to ATC other than to say "it does not compare to ATC, QDP or other films of similar construction, however it's good for the non colour stable, low level entry category".

This stuff is in line with like Nexfils cheapest offering, it is what is, and it costs what it does for a reason.

I wouldn't order regular Global QD and expect it to last longer than QDP.

A 40" roll of this stuff costs barely two thirds of what I charge for one vehicle, I'd fully expect some fading or some colour change at that price.

I understand that TB is not supposed to be "Color Stable" film, so I guess if you are upfront with your customers, its not a problem.

Hi Pjtintz

Bingo.

I am reading comparisons up here to Llumar, Global, etc. TB was never designed to compete with films like that and should only be compared to other films in that category.

For the price, it's the best in class. It has continued to improve and sales continue to increase.

We are straight up about it. If you are in the market for a CS, we have them as well.

Thanks,

Howard

Archived