How that's TB working out for you?

Howard's just been busy lately, I'm sure he'll notice this next time he's on.

I personally don't remember a single instance where he compared TB in any way to ATC other than to say "it does not compare to ATC, QDP or other films of similar construction, however it's good for the non colour stable, low level entry category".

Hi Justn8,

Thanks so much for pointing that out. You are correct, you will not find a single instance where I made that comparison, but many posts where I mentioned specifically that it should not be compared to a CS line such as Llumar or Global. On the other hand, I have made many posts in the past not only pointing this out, but mentioning Llumar & Global specifically, as I consider these to be the "industry benchmarks".

I respect dealers like Tint//Man that insist upon CS only. We service hundreds of account that share his philosophy.

But there are thousands of you guys that want to offer choices to the customers and TB is intended to be part of that strategy. Whether they are buying socks, refrigerators, cell phones, ice cream, cars or anything, consumers are used to being presented with an array of choices. Why should window film be any different? TB is an excellent film to include in such a strategy.

Ask yourself this: What product have you purchased the last year that did not offer you any choice whatsoever?

There are also many dealers that use TB as a single line. As long as they are up front with the customers, I don't see any issues. Our customers are professionals and we trust them to educate their consumers about how TB fits into the larger scheme of EWF films as well as all the other brands out there.

Every year there are tens of millions of sq/ft of non-CS films sold into this market. TB competes in that arena and continues to gain ground.

When judged fairly against it peers, this film is a great choice.

-Howard

I didn't insist on a non-CS film at the time I purchased your product. It was to be comparable to the slot that ST STD and HP Smoke SG had filled and I had hopes that it would fill that spot. It was only after realizing that the cost per car of a cheaper film didn't outweigh the cost per customer lost of installing the same film that I bit the bullet and started installing Llumar.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never insinuated it should hold up like Llumar,

:thumb Guess I was reading something into what you said then, when you said...

I am really just wondering where all of this weather-ability and standing up to ATC for a fair bit in accelerated testing comes from or what it proves.
I already told you guys about the neon that had like 4-6 months on it that was more brown than the ATC 20

Sounded to me like you were comparing it to ATC.

I never insinuated it should hold up like Llumar,

:thumb Guess I was reading something into what you said then, when you said...

I am really just wondering where all of this weather-ability and standing up to ATC for a fair bit in accelerated testing comes from or what it proves.
I already told you guys about the neon that had like 4-6 months on it that was more brown than the ATC 20

You were reading something in to that, you were just reading it wrong.

ATC is brown, TB is blue/black, so yes, a comparison of the look of the film after a few months, I can also compare it to 18 HP Bronze from suntek because that is what I had to use to match to this Mazda, except the TB was even more brown than the Bronze I put on there.

You were reading something in to that, you were just reading it wrong.

:thumb That's what I just said.

You left out the part where you were wrong though.

well...you are on here whining about a non color stable film....and keep refering to ATC....HELLO!?!?!? :lol

I referred to ATC that I matched an already brown film to a film that was blue and turned brown. There is no reference to CS or not in that. I referred to ATC in reference to the film that they stated they tested TB to and that it"came close to" in their testing. A film that goes south in a few months is no where coming close to anything from any major manufacturer I have installed.

Archived