Tinting Outside

Guest thebomb
I'm tinting a Peterbilt next weekend, he doesn't have a garage for it and it won't fit in mine....First one outside, sorta nervous.

make pattern's. Then do it with the doors shut for the most part using the windshield for a peel board. Oh and throw down a drop cloth over the dash. :thumb

As I tint under my pop up tent. I try to work as fast as possible once film is peeled. "Don't let it stay exposed!"

And i hate the wind.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cslee0811

tinting outside can be a challenge... I'm a mobile tinter in Los Angeles... not alot of houses with closed and secure garages out here... most the time i tint in a covered parking garage with giant open windows everywhere... i go through pretty much every precaution to tint... wetting the floors, making sure the car is parked sideways to tint one side at a time in case theres a wind, cleaning the inside of the window 3 times more than i would usually clean indoors... i mean there's all sorts of elements that you will be fighting against tinting outdoors... i guarantee that you'll get only better and better as you encounter the many obstacles.... good luck...

i was in the dominican republic. almost all the tinters work outside. the lucky ones get a carport. these are the actual tint shops in the area. because of the heat and humidity, they have to keep the car running with the ac on. most cars have internal filters to de-dustify the car as it runs. what was most impressive is how they cut the pattern, peeled the back corner a little, put that in their mouth using the other hand to hold the other end of the film. with the free hand they opened the door, crawled in, shut the door and peeled the release sheet and hung it. i was astonished. came out nice. if you have to tint outside, there is a way to do it. call a haitian or dominican

Archived