Anyone tint a 2011 Kia Optima yet?

Guest KuttingEdgeTint

Guest KuttingEdgeTint

Just bought wife a new 2011 Kia Optima and getting ready to tint it, I have tinted plenty of cars and trucks in the past and I am new to this business for the past year and what a better way than to tint my own to get back in and get my feet wet again, any help would be appreciated

Guest KuttingEdgeTint
man it's like riding a bike once you learn you never forget. Luckily cars have gotten easier to take apart. I would start by removing the door panel's. Do the door's first to get a feel of the adhesive of the film you are working with before you tackle the BG :beer

When I did this years back I was not very experienced and always did it with the panels on. Do you always remove the panels or just on harder cars vs. easier ones? Of course with time comes experience as with any trade or profession, I am a custom upholsterer by trade and looking for something else to broaden my business and money opportunities that doesn't take as much time to do each car!

man it's like riding a bike once you learn you never forget. Luckily cars have gotten easier to take apart. I would start by removing the door panel's. Do the door's first to get a feel of the adhesive of the film you are working with before you tackle the BG :beer

When I did this years back I was not very experienced and always did it with the panels on. Do you always remove the panels or just on harder cars vs. easier ones? Of course with time comes experience as with any trade or profession, I am a custom upholsterer by trade and looking for something else to broaden my business and money opportunities that doesn't take as much time to do each car!

I take the door panels off almost every car I tint. You have to consider will it take you longer to remove the door panel or fight it under the gasket. For me 90% of the time it is to remove the door panel. If you feel comfortable removing door panels. I would say to do so. You will have cleaner work and less wasted film. For sure remove if the gasket's are tight and they are made of felt. :lol

Guest KuttingEdgeTint

I take the door panels off almost every car I tint. You have to consider will it take you longer to remove the door panel or fight it under the gasket. For me 90% of the time it is to remove the door panel. If you feel comfortable removing door panels. I would say to do so. You will have cleaner work and less wasted film. For sure remove if the gasket's are tight and they are made of felt. :lol

Thanks, yeah I take door panels off everyday so that is no big deal and if it makes it easier then why not. The gaskets seem tight on this particular car so that might help. Thanks again

one thing I like to do to keep from disconnecting the door panel completely. Is to simply get the door panel lose from the door, so you can remove the lower gasket. Once this is done. I use 2 or 3 small 10 inch bunggee cords to support the door panel. Without completely removing the door panel. This can take a bit of time off removing door panel's to tint. And can also cause you not to lose switch memory on certain car's as well. Some car door panel's contain side air bags, and may be heavy then other's causing you to have to use more bunggee's to support the weight of the door panel. :thumb

Archived