wax a car in 10 minutes

I finally started putting wax and paint sealants on with a air operated orbital palm sander with a 5 inch backing plate and sheepskin bonnett,and the results are so great Im tongue tied.Of coarse you need a air compressor that can keep the cfm's up to run one.Actually only takes 5 minutes to put on or take off just the time you have to wait if the product has a dwell time in between :thumb I use a Dynabrade and it even came with a velcro adapter with a similar brush like a scum buster to scrubb carpets :dunno

Using a orbital polisher will be fast but I would never use a lambs wool pad unless you really want to cut the surface to remove swirls or scratches. Wool pads are primarly used for surface leveling to remove oxidation and swirls. If you just want to apply a glase or polish/sealant then use a foam pad of which there are varing grades from mild to no cut.

Cheers

There is absolutelyy no way a air powered palm orbiter with lambs wool will do anything to a surface unless a compound is used and then with the motion of the orbiter you will not level anything but make a mess.Put sandpaper and you will!You must remember you cant remove a scratch with a orbital period just cover it up :shock Basic Detailing 101,besides ever see a bodyshop with anything orbital besides the palm sanders for sanding :lol All equipment is rotory. :thumb also the lambswool is a bonnet not a pad

Search the webb for Dynabrade or Souix palm sanders,these are very expensive for you to buy just for waxing ,check out the link The Tint Shop put on the thread that Squeege started about waxing his truck.Nice piece for 219.00,the ones I use are close to 350.00 a piece :dunno

Archived