Was a matter of time

Guest drmrjon

Guest drmrjon

My wife and I were doing a removal and redo on a old Murcury Couger. She does most of the removals for me while I cut and shrink (big time saver). I was doing a final cleaning and check of the 1/4 glass when I notince a little piece of purple tint left on the top edge of the window. I proceded to change the blade in my scraper and started to crawl into the back seat, when I jammed the entire depth of the blade straight into the side of my calf. I jumped out of the car to take a look at how bad it was and I could see the mussle. I knew that wasn't good. My wife ran up to look and freeked out and said I needed to get to the hospital. I told her to get a towel and some tape and I would pull the cut together for the time being ( I had 2 more cars to do ). While I was working on the car, I had her run to RiteAid and get me some butterfly tapes and large bandages. I finished the cars, cleaned up the cut, popped open a cold one, AND saved myself $150 on my ER deductable. As many cars and houses that I have done, I knew it was a matter of time before I cut something open. :coffee

I did the same thing years back and never went to ER to get stiched up either. Have a nice scar from it though to this day. And holy hell did that sucker bleed.

And to those who are saying super glue. Do ya pinch skin together and just plop it on? :twocents

Archived