2012 Ford Focus Hatchback

twotint

Just did one yesterday, easy car once all the panels were removed. The spoiler is in the way on the top, I took it off also. You can just pull the seal out of the bottom, but I wanted to pull the plastic trim out of the way so I pulled the panels. This is defenitly an imported car for Ford, looks like a EURO car the way its put together. I will post pictures later if you want to see them. If you have any questions about the trim panels just let me know.

Guest Tintlover
Just did one yesterday, easy car once all the panels were removed. The spoiler is in the way on the top, I took it off also. You can just pull the seal out of the bottom, but I wanted to pull the plastic trim out of the way so I pulled the panels. This is defenitly an imported car for Ford, looks like a EURO car the way its put together. I will post pictures later if you want to see them. If you have any questions about the trim panels just let me know.

As I do all the work for one of sthe biggest dealerships Ford/Mazda in Auckland NZ I would definately be interested in seeing some pics, sounds like a mission! Focus normally one of the easiest to do. Definately wont have the model out til much later in the year here so a heads up would be awesome. Thanks :cool

Just did my first and yes take off the rear spoiler for starters and leave it attached with its hose and electrical lead.

2 small screws on either side which are easily seen and 3 bolts in behind the centre panel.

Film will still be hard to lay it down on the sides however.

Doors... an almost impossible task of removing the internal weatherstrip because the ends of the strip tuck in behind a plastic surround.

Twotint is right about door trim removal and whole surround out if you can manage it.

I left the surrounds in and it made the task at hand a real work load.

Easy sides once on...charge plenty as they are not as easy as the first model.

Devil

Edited by Devil with bad attitude

I did one of these last weekend. The DP gaskets can be removed w/o removing the door panels. The front two panels have a hidden screw on top of the panel near the back. Remove those screws, pry the panel out slightly near the back, pry out the plastic surround slightly near the back of the window, and pull out the gasket. Be carefull pulling on these gaskets though, since they will break easily if side-loaded too much. Just slightly pull up, until unseated from the metal edge of the door, then pull back. All the load must be axial to avoid breaking the molded plastic.

I did one of these last weekend. The DP gaskets can be removed w/o removing the door panels. The front two panels have a hidden screw on top of the panel near the back. Remove those screws, pry the panel out slightly near the back, pry out the plastic surround slightly near the back of the window, and pull out the gasket. Be carefull pulling on these gaskets though, since they will break easily if side-loaded too much. Just slightly pull up, until unseated from the metal edge of the door, then pull back. All the load must be axial to avoid breaking the molded plastic.

bingo! I use the same technique...