2012 Ford Focus Hatchback

twotint

no need to remove the panels... no need to remove the seals/strips.   Easy car, just tuck the film.   I did not remove the spoiler, to cut the top edge, just flip the film the other side and cut the top edge the bottom line of the glass, then flip the film back to the actual position.. woahla!!!  Or cut just a bit close, shrink and give it a nice neatly cut once you get the first squeegee out.    Just did one today in about 1 hr 35 mins. 

This one was done with EWF 20 Classic  Black... very easy car, just like the Sedan.

photo3-Copy5_zpsb4c2f87d.jpg

photo2-Copy7_zps81c6f3ba.jpg

Edited by Rjsi

To avoid removing panels, take out the screw on the front and back of the door panel, pull a little and the strip comes out, having the right pick tool helps as they are a bit deeper than Fusions or Fiestas... Very easy car!!!!!  Easy $$$$$

Finally just pulled the front panels on a 12 focus yesterday. I tried a few with panels on and could not avoid 4-6 creases by the mirror. I usually tuck everything, but I'm over fixing creases for over twice as long as it takes to pull a panel. With the panel off I dropped the whole piece in at once and what a difference...not one imperfection! I've been bored tinting the last couple years...taking the panels off made tinting fun again for once!

Also, after pulling one panel I tried to see if that molding by the mirror that connects to the speaker would come off w/o popping the panel and it did.

Finally just pulled the front panels on a 12 focus yesterday. I tried a few with panels on and could not avoid 4-6 creases by the mirror. I usually tuck everything, but I'm over fixing creases for over twice as long as it takes to pull a panel. With the panel off I dropped the whole piece in at once and what a difference...not one imperfection! I've been bored tinting the last couple years...taking the panels off made tinting fun again for once!

Also, after pulling one panel I tried to see if that molding by the mirror that connects to the speaker would come off w/o popping the panel and it did.

What film are you using? 1ply or 2 ply?  I have never creased one by the mirror on these. 

Well done man...so much easier than tucking and you know the job will never come back.

Devil :cool

Nope, just don't tack the top of the glass by the mirror, use heavy slip and once you get the bottom in, then tack the top too.  Besides, you can bottom load these with ease too.

Edited by Rjsi

Did a 2014 focus hatchback today. Pretty simple install for the roll ups. Rear window I removed the spoiler to lay the tint down for shrinking. Remove the centre trim piece, 3 bolts to undue. 2 more screws on each side and it slides right out. Quick and simple install.