2011 Sonata

Guest ridiculous

do you roll the window down to reinstall the gasket afterwards?

Nah....you don't have to if you pull the top back. Just put the gasket back and give the top lip a little pull up and it will pop right back on. Super fast car to tint.

Same on the 2012 Sonata. I removed the one screw behind the door latch handle which gave more room to pull the top of the panel back. These have tight vertical gaskets though. I wouldn't add so much lenth to the sides next time... had a tough time slipping them into the gaskets.

I just tinted a '13. I feel its not the hardest car in the world but I wouldn't say it's "super easy" either. I will agree with Exact-oh in saying that they have tight vertical gaskets. All rubber but no give. To make it worse, the one I had, the fronts shift forward a tad when completely rolled up, so you gotta give it a little more excess which is not desireable on tight seal cars. Normally ill shift it into its natural position while fitting the tint but this one wouldn't budge while the window was cracked, but sure enough when you roll it up it shifts forward at the last second. Just giving my fellow tinters something to watch for. Not sure if the 11s and 12s were any different. But one plus is the seals do pull easy-but pretty much necessary.

Rear deck is carpet so you gotta be brave if you plan on stuffing the tint behind the brake light. I went ahead and pulled it loose and slid it forward a tad just to be safe, wasn't hard at all.

Guest Effici-Tint

I saw this was an older thread brought back. I agree that the vertical gaskets are tight but.... pull the rubber out from the sides and around the top. It opens up the whole window and makes it so the vertical gaskets are gone. After all windows are done, spray the gaskets and slide back in. VERY EASY CAR if you pull the rubbers.

Ive done 3 or 4 now and they have all had the tight seal issue, but I had a brainy idea on the 2010 I just did and treated like other tight seal cars such as Chrysler- I removed the sweeps and dropped the whole piece in instead of a half and half. What a difference! No fight whatsoever, just had to use my silver card to run down the sides.

so, when pulling the gaskets, which side comes out first when pulling them with the little hook?  I have a Sonata this weekend and I've never done one.

no rolling down windows to reinstall?

Archived