Looking for some good advice

Guest dnoftz

Guest dnoftz

Looking for some advise.

What is a competitive price to charge for tint removal?

So Ive been tinting for while now but Ive only been charging a little over cast to get my experience. Im ready to start charging more but what is a competitive price to charge? I don't have any competition there is no one in 50 miles of me but I don't want to be greedy.

Also what is the most common size and % to stock?

Guest ridiculous
Looking for some advise.

What is a competitive price to charge for tint removal?

So Ive been tinting for while now but Ive only been charging a little over cast to get my experience. Im ready to start charging more but what is a competitive price to charge? I don't have any competition there is no one in 50 miles of me but I don't want to be greedy.

Also what is the most common size and % to stock?

i could reply to the "legal" questions though :cool

for removal. i actually charge less than 50% of install. but i'm re-considering that as i type this. cause that part sucks! :D

even though you say you have no comp. i'd say call the closest place and see what they charge. then either match it if you think your skills are worth that, or go a little lower. basically, whatever your market can handle is what you charge. it takes a little research to get your prices set.

i'm pretty small time yet, so i stock 20% and 35% cause that's what's legal here. and i get it in a 60" roll cut to 38"/22"! far less waste!!

hope i helped

even though you say you have no comp. i'd say call the closest place and see what they charge. then either match it if ...

I can't disagree enough. Charge at least 50% MORE than your competition and justify it.

If you get into a price war you may as well go flip burgers or work at Wallmart.

even though you say you have no comp. i'd say call the closest place and see what they charge. then either match it if ...

I can't disagree enough. Charge at least 50% MORE than your competition and justify it.

If you get into a price war you may as well go flip burgers or work at Wallmart.

Seriously!

Do they have the same overhead, costs or desire to run a PROFITABLE business? So many people put money in their pocket at the end of they, that doesn't mean you are making money :D

Guest ridiculous

i stand corrected.

TD is correct about charging more and working less!

i was just saying if the closest places charges $--- and he feels like his skills aren't worth that yet, then don't charge that much is all.

but ya, price wars aren't the way to go!!

Guest Gooner

:bingo

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

:bingo

Also look at it this way.

If you Price match or beat your competition, what do you have left for a sales pitch?

NOTHING.

You can't say you are better than your competition in intallation skill OR film quality if you are the same price or cheaper, that wont make any sense to the cutomer so don't even try that angle if you start out with a low ball price.

When a customer calls you for a price quote and you say, "That would be yada yada $" then you LOSE.

You need to start out with how awesome your product and service is, price is secondary at this point.

They aren't calling you for the price of the same microwave oven they can buy at 5 different stores.

Your microwave oven is fricken awesome, so tell them that!

Archived