help mazda 6

Guest deesz

Guest deesz

Well I am a noob I have about 6 cars under my belt. Im working on a 05 mazda 6 and man this back window is killing me. I have tried about 5 times I get the bottom down and then move to the top. I will get to the corners then I always manage to crease the film. I am using the dry shrink method and an h pattern. is there an easy technique you tint pros use. where would you use the middle line in the H tech. middle , towards the top, towards the bottom? please help need to get done by tomorrow.

Guest deesz

I use fabric softener for anti static the I heat and wipe with my hands till I can use the hard card.

I have seen videos of people using the "H" pattern but its more like a t pattern and it splits it into 4 sections.

when I do it its in 2 sections. top and bottom and I stick down the sided and middle.

When you put the film on the glass and anchor it, do you cut the extra film on the top or bottom?? If so try this, before cutting it, get a blue sharpie and draw lines according to the factory edge of the film. So, when you do cut the extra film, you will use those lines as guides to what direction you need to shrink the fingers in. I hope that makes sense and hope it helps you a little.

Anchor across the middle, leave the film at the top as wide as it is at the bottom, will give you more room to work with when you reach the top corners. Trim the sides kind of like this with the anchor in the middle:

) --- (

Guest deesz

thanks for all the advice. ended up the customer needed the car back early in the morning. I will be giving this a shot this week. I ended up doing a nissan murano. and that back glass looked curved but was so small that it went really easy. once again thanks for everything.

Archived