HELP on tinting 2011 VW GTI!!!

invisibleman

I've just been watching this video and there is no way that I can see how a Madico product be it Onyx or Charcool can shrink like that.

I've done lots of this car and model and not once have I had it peform like this dude has made his film do.

That leads me to conclude that there has to be a vast difference in film construction disection that makes one manufacturer harder than an other.

Any thoughts on this?

Devil

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to use Madico 20 or so years ago as well Dev, couldn't really shrink it back then but switched to llumar (MEP) for a while and the difference was amazing.

Shrinking was no probs at all, the state manager then (now retired and still a good friend of mine) explained it away as the base poly was DuPont and was exclusive to llumar and shrunk better than anything else.

I've since used everything from SG, ST, Johnsons, 3M and now EWF from Mike, and they all shrink differently but all pretty well.

Talked to Gary (Maddy) late last year about samples etc to take another look at Maddy but didnt get much service there, (had a good chat about the old days though :lol )

What has been your experience re. this?

Guest lostxsoul

This whole thread made me laugh uncontrollably.... Thanks for that!!! I preload VW's for a dealer here and yeah, those GTI's are legit. I'm a little different though, been tinting around 6 months but 4 of those in the last year, the rest 4 years ago. I think I trashed about 4 of them before I got it. I think the guys selling the patterns on Ebay for these need to be shut down for robbery. I'd pay good money to watch a first timer try and shrink it. Hell, I'll bring two back glass's and if they can shrink it while I record it I'll tint the rest of their ride for free!!

I geuse this is a little blast from the past. starting on page one this thread was hilarious. wish this was under new vw rabbit topic.

I had a guy tint his side windows with ebay tint. and try to have me install it for his rear. long story short I used my own stuff. he ended up about a week later, on the same page he was askin for someone to tint his back glass. advertising that he tints cars. I had to laugh. great to see his first 2 cars were a mazda wagon and a BMW. that endeavor was short lived. haha.

moral of the story. dont let people watch you, and yes these same people are hurting our industry.

Archived