brown or green?

Guest Soultinter

Guest Soultinter

I vaguely remember hearing at one point that there is no such thing as "black" dye just various combinations of brown or green dyes, is it true? and i tend to believe it based on what ive seen over the years, who has a nice brownish color in their dyed no fade line that u know of.

Guest scottydosnntkno

you are on the right path. Really, there are red, yellow, and blue dyes that mix together to form all the other colors.

So, regardless of whether your film is made with brown, pink, green, black, or purple dyes, its still made up of those three primary colors. Over time, the UV rays cause the yellow dye to break down, which is why the film turns purpler (red and blue left).

I don't know why it is, but yellow is the weakest dye :dunno

Guest Soultinter

qdp looks brown? i though it looked green idk. Well, i hear its tough to get used to shrinking and u need a real nice gun, which rules me out. And, my main competition uses global

It can be tough to shrink if your not used to it, but it has been a good line for me. I think the color has changed over the last year, not sure whats going on with their films, but I wish they would go back to the old color.

qdp looks brown? i though it looked green idk. Well, i hear its tough to get used to shrinking and u need a real nice gun, which rules me out. And, my main competition uses global

Iv'e been tinting for almost a year, 3-5 cars a week and that's on a good week :lol If i have no problems with QDP then i don't think you would. BTW, i do have a Milwakeee red heat gun. Not sure if i spelled it right or not :D Call up EWF, and i'm sure they can send you a sample of QDP and see how you like it.

Guest scottydosnntkno

sooooo spend $100 and get a better heat gun :lol2

Archived