How long does it take to become a good tinter?

Guest grasshopper

Guest grasshopper

I just got done one year of tinting under my belt!!! I tinted around 25 cars in one year (in my garage only). Right now I average 3 1/2 hrs to 4 hrs on a 4 dr car = ( . I feel like I'm a slow learner and I want to become better & faster. My question for u guys...how long did it take to become a good tinter or how long did it take to do a car under 2 hrs? Your input would help me a lot....THANKS = )

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malcolm E Boo

How long is a piece of string?

It is not about speed it is about doing the job correctly.

The more you do the easier it gets and then the better you get and then the speed will naturallly come with it.

Concentrate on doing it right not doing it fast.

It took me a lot longer than it will take you because of the lack of tools and resources back 25 yrs ago. Made your own tools, no Internet or forums, just your own head and huge learning curve. Your learning time will truly be up to you and how often you take advantage to research this great wealth of info on here and ask questions and of course practice practice practice :lol

Guest filmslayer
If you are able to work with a pro for a while, your speed and quality will grow much faster than going at it by yourself

plus it helps if ya get stuck ... sometimes even the easiest of windows will give me problem some days and its nice when someone has your back ...

Guest grasshopper
I just got done one year of tinting under my belt!!! I tinted around 25 cars in one year (in my garage only). Right now I average 3 1/2 hrs to 4 hrs on a 4 dr car = ( . I feel like I'm a slow learner and I want to become better & faster. My question for u guys...how long did it take to become a good tinter or how long did it take to do a car under 2 hrs? Your input would help me a lot....THANKS = )

I love this forum! Thanks for the inputs, friends!!!

Archived