How long does it take to become a good tinter?

Guest grasshopper

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 years to think I was good, 5 years to be confident, 8 years to be great, and now, I am still learning new tricks. Remember, you are only as good as your last tint job. Ive prob got 10k-15k vehicles under my belt, and there are still some, even everyday cars, that kick me in the swingset.

Oh yeah, you also have to have had just about every type of cut from different things, whether it be from a door panel, an ofla, or a piece of film to be seasoned. I just cut my forhead last week from a dang squegee (red turbo), from wiping my forhead with squegee in hand...it was just strange.

It takes time and patience to learn it the correct way.....speed will come with experience and skills level. I started tinting in an open garage, using a storm door & BG as peel boards. The best thing I learned from this scenario is that my cleaning technique was superb. Took me about 6 months to do a sedan in under 2 hrs. Tinting is a learning trade, you will find and adapt new techniques, which in turn will increase your installation time as well as quality. Keep up the quality work!!!!!!!!!!!

im in LA county and I've been doing this for like 3 months and i think i ahve got it but i still struggle with quarter windows and my average time on a sedan is like 3 hours to 4. i have tinted like 20 cars.

the only thing i care is get the job done as clean as possible.

Guest VinnieVega

I'm brand spanking new to tinting, only been doing it for 2 weeks using precut pre shrunk stuff, and I've done about 8 cars on my own. Granted I work for a car dealer so I can just go grab as many cars as I want when I want them, 25 cars does not sound like a whole lot of experience to me.

2 years to think I was good, 5 years to be confident, 8 years to be great, and now, I am still learning new tricks. Remember, you are only as good as your last tint job. Ive prob got 10k-15k vehicles under my belt, and there are still some, even everyday cars, that kick me in the swingset.

Oh yeah, you also have to have had just about every type of cut from different things, whether it be from a door panel, an ofla, or a piece of film to be seasoned. I just cut my forhead last week from a dang squegee (red turbo), from wiping my forhead with squegee in hand...it was just strange.

I just cut my forhead last week from a dang squegee (red turbo), from wiping my forhead with squegee in hand...it was just strange. :dunno

Archived