Resource for Door Panel Removal

Guest dnoftz

Guest dnoftz

Where is the best resource for how to remove door panels on different cars?Did a Saturn today could not figure out how to get the handle cover off to get the panel off. Almost broke custys panel. :lol

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure but I would think that a manual for all door panels could be sold to all tinters and auto glass shops everywhere. I would buy one. Iv figured out every panel that's come my way but some have taken a while when first learning it for the first time and time is money. I would think it would pay for itself. I'll make one with all my spare time I have :lol

It would be pretty sweet to have a book or something to turn to. But for the most part door panels are relatively straight foreward. There's 90% of the time going to be a screw or bolt where someone would pull to shut the door. Other little sneaky bolts are kinda like a manufacturers trade mark, BMWs, you gotta take off that little piece of trim you think your gonna break ha. Or Dodge Calibers there's like no kidding 17 bolts & no matter how good you are that thing aint going back together the way you took it apart ha! Like Nything else, learn the curve :dunno

but then again....with Calibers....you don't have to remove the panel (at least to tint it)....only pull the top back and take out the bottom sweep.

A bit of a bugger sometimes , but :dunno

ALLDATA has most panel removal procedures, but you have to pay for it.

Saturn ION removal

Home | Account | Contact ALLDATA | Log Out | Help

Select Vehicle | New TSBs | Technician's Reference | Collision Reference | Collision Request Component Search:

Information Charge | Conversion Calculator

2005 Saturn ION L4-2.0L SC VIN P

Vehicle Level Body and Frame Doors, Hood and Trunk Front Door Panel Service and Repair Panel Replacement Trim Panel Replacement - Side Front Door

Trim Panel Replacement - Side Front Door

Trim Panel Replacement - Side Front Door

Removal Procedure

Remove the upper trim panel. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Upper Extension (See: Trim Panel Replacement - Upper Extension) .

Remove the manual window regulator handle, if equipped. Refer to Window Regulator Handle Replacement - Door (See: Windows and Glass\Window Handle\Service and Repair) .

Remove the power door lock switch, if equipped.

Remove the pull cup assembly. Refer to Armrest Pull Cup Replacement (See: Interior Moulding / Trim\Arm Rest\Service and Repair\Doors) .

ion.gif

Remove the door trim push-in retainers.

Remove the screw from the trim panel.

Pull the bottom of the door trim out to disengage the clips.

Lift up on the door trim panel to disengage the inner belt molding from the door flange.

Remove the door trim panel.

Installation Procedure

Position the trim panel to the front door.

Engage the inner belt molding over the door flange and press down.

Align the trim panel retainers and press until the retainers are fully seated.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the screw to the door trim panel. Tighten the screw to 2.5 N.m (23 lb in).

Install the push-in retainers to the door trim panel.

Install the pull cup. Refer to Armrest Pull Cup Replacement (See: Interior Moulding / Trim\Arm Rest\Service and Repair\Doors) .

Install the power door lock switch.

Install the window regulator handle to the door. Refer to Window Regulator Handle Replacement - Door (See: Windows and Glass\Window Handle\Service and Repair) .

Install the upper trim panel. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Upper Extension (See: Trim Panel Replacement - Upper Extension) .

Guest scottydosnntkno

alldata is a great tool if you pay for it. Theres a guy locally that sells a cheapo dell desktop with up to date alldata for like $350

I just do a google search for the pictures from alldata since it shows where the screws are/go. usually that is enough to help with the tricky ones. After you pull a lot of panels you learn where to look for screws.

Archived