Lost another car dealer today.

Seems that over the past couple years some of my car dealers just keep getting tighter and tighter.

I pissed off one of my long time car dealers today. I don't think I ever have to worry about him calling me again any time soon.

This guy calls me to come by the lot and give him a price on a few cars. I get there, and he shows me an SUV that needs 2drs done, a ford fusion, and a dodge truck.

So trying to be fair I priced them all to him for two fifty. He gets bent out of shape and says that he was thinking more around 2. I told him that I was basiclly giving him the 2drs for free, and that two fifty was a more then fair price. He yells back at me that he would give two and a quarter take it or leave it in a really sh***y tone. I replied back no thanks, call me when you get serious about wanting some work done, and walked away.

I don't think I have ever had a dealer try to low ball me that bad. :thumb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loose and gain the same dealership all the time. I recently lost the one I do almost a month ago and got it back last week. I would never consider doing one unless they want all the units on the lot done. Now, Im SO busy, Ive got 60+ units on the ground untinted with zero time to get them done.

I loose and gain the same dealership all the time. I recently lost the one I do almost a month ago and got it back last week. I would never consider doing one unless they want all the units on the lot done. Now, Im SO busy, Ive got 60+ units on the ground untinted with zero time to get them done.

Yeah, earlier this week I got one calling back for me to get their %&$# done because the other place is always dropping the ball and I'm the old faithful. I don't go out of my way for them, but at the same time I treat them well when they need it.

I currently only have 1 regular dealer. But I get 50-60 a month. They've tried to lowball us and have switched a couple of times. However they luv our service cuz we have the manpower to do any car almost anytime. The owner I'd currently opening a new dealership next door to them and they are goin to give us a bay again. And we do every new car on the lot that doesn't have privacy glass.

I used to hate dealers but once u get them on the same page they can be great

Guest Voide

Scenarios like this would happen time from time at our shop. Dealers usually like to get everything as cheap as possible, and we'd lose a couple once in awhile. Thing was, we never got too worried...we were the only quality shop in town and after awhile (maybe tried the hack down the street?) they'd end up coming back.

When are you guys ever going to get out of the gutter and run your business like you should be without some shithead car dealer telling you how high and how many jumps to perform at his whim?

For eff''s sake ....get a hold of your business by the balls and get a life.

Devil

When are you guys ever going to get out of the gutter and run your business like you should be without some shithead car dealer telling you how high and how many jumps to perform at his whim?

For eff''s sake ....get a hold of your business by the balls and get a life.

Devil

:lol Did you read his post? Seems to me that is exactly what he did. :eyebrows

Archived