Lost another car dealer today.

Well this guy runs a smaller car lot, and I have done work for him for years.

For him to make such a bullshit offer on my work pissed me off alittle.

But we he threw in that take it or leave it line. I just turned around and got back in my car.

I'm a real nice person, but when you get sh***y with me you get no more favors at all. :sm

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell our car dealers are just plain going outta business. Since 2008 we have lost Honda, Chevy, Dogde, chrysler, and nissan and all that we have left now is toyota, gmc/jeep, ford/subaru and audi/vw. Glad I am not a car salesman.

Hell our car dealers are just plain going outta business. Since 2008 we have lost Honda, Chevy, Dogde, chrysler, and nissan and all that we have left now is toyota, gmc/jeep, ford/subaru and audi/vw. Glad I am not a car salesman.

i know jusy what you mean. From around 2006 to 2008 they closed down 6 new car dealers I use to service. They were my bread and butter for along time, and didn't even ask for deals. They were just happy I would come to them to do the work. Basiclly every small town dealer I use to service is now gone. :sm

The only good that cam of it was that it pushed me to do more flat glass. :poke

I hate to hear he gave you such a hard time, but way to stand your ground! :thumb I do work with seven dealers here, thirteen vehicle lines between them. I give them a set price beyond that I dont do price breakes! I take care of them just like any other customer. The only difference is they have thirty days to pay. :money

You give them an inch and theyll take miles! :lol

Just remember boys and girls be nice and keep a leavel head about you with them and youll be fine :beer .

I hate to hear he gave you such a hard time, but way to stand your ground! :thumb I do work with seven dealers here, thirteen vehicle lines between them. I give them a set price beyond that I dont do price breakes! I take care of them just like any other customer. The only difference is they have thirty days to pay. :money

You give them an inch and theyll take miles! :lol

Just remember boys and girls be nice and keep a leavel head about you with them and youll be fine :beer .

thats for sure. I'm not giving work away anytime soon. I know that dealers come and go. I do still have about 2 or 3 that I have never pissed off. 1 used car lot and 2 new car dealerships. They have been good to me from day 1. In when the owner or their workers need a personal car done. They get the hookup for sure. The rest of the lowballlers can eat %&$# and die.

Not to mention if this azzhole gets all 3 of those done for 2 bills. I would hate to see what they looked like. :beer

Guest Tintlover

You give them an inch and theyll take miles! :cold

Just remember boys and girls be nice and keep a leavel head about you with them and youll be fine :thumb .

thats for sure. I'm not giving work away anytime soon. I know that dealers come and go. I do still have about 2 or 3 that I have never pissed off. 1 used car lot and 2 new car dealerships. They have been good to me from day 1. In when the owner or their workers need a personal car done. They get the hookup for sure. The rest of the lowballlers can eat %&$# and die.

Not to mention if this azzhole gets all 3 of those done for 2 bills. I would hate to see what they looked like. :lol

I am a new member to this forum have a tint shop in Central City Auckland NZ and have a large amount of Trade (dealers) It is sad to hear that you had this experience Coast to Coast but I think you handled it in the right way. Its a game with these customers and at the end of the day they will get their tints done by someone else for the ridiculous price and be crawling back to you soon enough cause chances are they will be #@@! Dealers can often want it all for nothing Good Quality Film, workmanship and cheap :DD

I would be interested to hear from anyone who deals with really cold weather with lots of rain. We are experiencing a colder and wetter than usual winter and are finding that our curing times are ridiculous, have tried using more pressure on squeegee, have tried more heat, but having to tell customers over and over ..... IT WILL DRY OUT we apply Huper Optik as one of our films and Security film these two are the worst at the moment leaving large cloudy bubbles all over the windows (often random) we even had to replace a security to two fronts the other day with titanium film cause the dealer was worried the customer would believe us that they would disappear. I have heard that if you put rubbing alcohol in the slip g it helps it to dry quicker does anyone know the quantity to use in a standard 1ltr spray bottle slip/water mix?

priceless thread.... you got people responding that either misread or didnt read it at all, you got kids with less then a year in the game calling other guys down the street hacks and explaining the tide of business.... not sure how you give an expert opinion on tide of business when your less then 12 months in...

none the less I think you did the right thing, and you will hear from him again. He will have the guys down the street tinting for him for what ever he calls out just to get the biz, they will hack up or destroy somin on a car and he will be crawling back to you. Ive seen it a lot... well only in the 6 months I been tinting, but I see it all the time :dunno

Archived