Lost another car dealer today.

Guest Tintlover
add a litte alchohol to your solution, isoprophyl alchohol about a 50 or 70% it will help dry times

Thanks for that, not sure if Im game enough to try it but the split is good to know

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to hear he gave you such a hard time, but way to stand your ground! :thumb I do work with seven dealers here, thirteen vehicle lines between them. I give them a set price beyond that I dont do price breakes! I take care of them just like any other customer. The only difference is they have thirty days to pay. :money

You give them an inch and theyll take miles! :lol

Just remember boys and girls be nice and keep a leavel head about you with them and youll be fine :lol2 .

thats for sure. I'm not giving work away anytime soon. I know that dealers come and go. I do still have about 2 or 3 that I have never pissed off. 1 used car lot and 2 new car dealerships. They have been good to me from day 1. In when the owner or their workers need a personal car done. They get the hookup for sure. The rest of the lowballlers can eat %&$# and die.

Not to mention if this azzhole gets all 3 of those done for 2 bills. I would hate to see what they looked like. :lol

I am a new member to this forum have a tint shop in Central City Auckland NZ and have a large amount of Trade (dealers) It is sad to hear that you had this experience Coast to Coast but I think you handled it in the right way. Its a game with these customers and at the end of the day they will get their tints done by someone else for the ridiculous price and be crawling back to you soon enough cause chances are they will be #@@! Dealers can often want it all for nothing Good Quality Film, workmanship and cheap :blink:

I would be interested to hear from anyone who deals with really cold weather with lots of rain. We are experiencing a colder and wetter than usual winter and are finding that our curing times are ridiculous, have tried using more pressure on squeegee, have tried more heat, but having to tell customers over and over ..... IT WILL DRY OUT we apply Huper Optik as one of our films and Security film these two are the worst at the moment leaving large cloudy bubbles all over the windows (often random) we even had to replace a security to two fronts the other day with titanium film cause the dealer was worried the customer would believe us that they would disappear. I have heard that if you put rubbing alcohol in the slip g it helps it to dry quicker does anyone know the quantity to use in a standard 1ltr spray bottle slip/water mix?

Try another film manufacturer....problem solved.......HO in my experience has had very difficult drying issues.

Devil

Guest Tintlover
I hate to hear he gave you such a hard time, but way to stand your ground! :thumb I do work with seven dealers here, thirteen vehicle lines between them. I give them a set price beyond that I dont do price breakes! I take care of them just like any other customer. The only difference is they have thirty days to pay. :money

You give them an inch and theyll take miles! :thumb

Just remember boys and girls be nice and keep a leavel head about you with them and youll be fine :dunno .

thats for sure. I'm not giving work away anytime soon. I know that dealers come and go. I do still have about 2 or 3 that I have never pissed off. 1 used car lot and 2 new car dealerships. They have been good to me from day 1. In when the owner or their workers need a personal car done. They get the hookup for sure. The rest of the lowballlers can eat %&$# and die.

Not to mention if this azzhole gets all 3 of those done for 2 bills. I would hate to see what they looked like. :lol

I am a new member to this forum have a tint shop in Central City Auckland NZ and have a large amount of Trade (dealers) It is sad to hear that you had this experience Coast to Coast but I think you handled it in the right way. Its a game with these customers and at the end of the day they will get their tints done by someone else for the ridiculous price and be crawling back to you soon enough cause chances are they will be #@@! Dealers can often want it all for nothing Good Quality Film, workmanship and cheap :beer

I would be interested to hear from anyone who deals with really cold weather with lots of rain. We are experiencing a colder and wetter than usual winter and are finding that our curing times are ridiculous, have tried using more pressure on squeegee, have tried more heat, but having to tell customers over and over ..... IT WILL DRY OUT we apply Huper Optik as one of our films and Security film these two are the worst at the moment leaving large cloudy bubbles all over the windows (often random) we even had to replace a security to two fronts the other day with titanium film cause the dealer was worried the customer would believe us that they would disappear. I have heard that if you put rubbing alcohol in the slip g it helps it to dry quicker does anyone know the quantity to use in a standard 1ltr spray bottle slip/water mix?

Try another film manufacturer....problem solved.......HO in my experience has had very difficult drying issues.

Devil

As explained in my earlier post it is not just HO that is an issue at present also in NZ we do not have as many manufacturers options available not good for business to change as we have all of our advertising focused on brand including our showroom set ups etc. Does anyone else have this problem with the cold and wet weather?

As explained in my earlier post it is not just HO that is an issue at present also in NZ we do not have as many manufacturers options available not good for business to change as we have all of our advertising focused on brand including our showroom set ups etc. Does anyone else have this problem with the cold and wet weather?

Not at all and we've got it just as cold or very similar to you at the moment.

The metal films in auto take just a little more drying than NR but there's not much in it.

Devil

Archived