please help me

Guest tint whisperer

Guest tint whisperer

:please

struggling here.... those damn bottom corners, and the tops are no fun either, WTF? any tips would be greatly appreciated :beer:embar 4 x fail

Guest filmslayer

yes ...

2007_vw_rabbit-thumb.jpg

they dont look that bad and i cant remember any big issues . how are they trying to shrink it ? i've done them both wet and dry ...

Guest tint whisperer
yes ...

2007_vw_rabbit-thumb.jpg

they dont look that bad and i cant remember any big issues . how are they trying to shrink it ? i've done them both wet and dry ...

dry with standard h pattern bottom corners keep creasing wrap and and curves up

Guest filmslayer

tell em try it wet , leave a few small fingers on the side , can heat and/or relief cut ... :dunno

i know ya dont want to hear this but i've never had a problem with that car ...

Guest tint whisperer

i know that's the frustrating part... doing all the things the same but just :dunno:mad in the corners it's been a long day and it's gotta get done tonight :wall

sorry....i was late to see this. Actually I just did one of those this past week....with QDP...so the ATC should even be easier. Did you finally get it? one trick doing it dry....is make sure you have some airflow up under the film while you are shrinking it. (I do that by deflecting the flow from the heatgun with a black and white squeegee...just re-direct the air like a spoiler on top would) Also...move some of your fingers to the side, shrink the bottom...move to the other side and do the same...after the first side has cooled...go back and move those side fingers down.

Seems to me Booms once mentioned burning the access on the sides....but don't quote me on that. :eyebrows

Archived