OCD customer

Guest maxwax

Guest maxwax

Like the title says,OCD I had a customer bring a Jetta in a few weeks back and wanted it tinted, I said sure and after all the usual foreplay she settled on some Global QOP 15% so we scheduled an appointment for the next day at 8am I get a deposit and she leaves

. The next day she comes in and leaves the car and said Ill be back later, what time do you close? I tell her 6pm. These cars are not the toughest cars to do but they can be a little aggravating.

I took the usual steps , pulling the panels masking all the felt etc. during this time my phone rings and it is the customer ,she says I'm almost there is my car ready, I look at my clock it's 9.30am I tell her no. I have just finished prepping, she says you told me it takes about 2 hrs, turns out she just went jogging around town and was ready to go home... well she shows up and I feel rushed from then on out.

When I complete a job I park it in the direct sun and let it dry for at least an hour ,go back and re check the tint and detail out the small imperfections, well as soon as installed the last panel she was ready to go. I gave her the industry standard spill on care. residual moister , and leave the windows up for 3 days. anyhow on a scale of 1 to 10 the tint job on this car was an 8.6 to 9.0 on quality the very next day I arrive to work at 7.30 am to get some paperwork completed,and who is waiting on me.....Miss jetta before I can get the shop door open I am bombarded with questions, I walk over to the car she starts pointing our a variation in color from the outside, you know light/dark where the moister hasn't yet dried she said well you tinted it yesterday and its already got bubbles .

I said give it a week or so ,then she points out some debris , I take a hard card and press it out ,see the that fixed it.

You know how that starts the day off.well the rest of the day runs smoothly but at 5.30ish guess who is back. yep JETTA woman she says I am just really not satisfied, I sad what is it going to take to make you happy. well this glass looks like I can see light through the edge, I said you couldn't see light there yesterday, she said yes but after I rolled it down a couple of times you can see it, I sad it has only been 1 day why are you rolling the glass down already? she said no its been 2 days, I said 2 days since you brought the car the in for tint I said to wait 3 full days before rolling down! any how the window moves quite a bit in the track .so I held the window steady and it rolled up with no light gap. she says OK I see...so when you took the panels off you must have miss aligned the window ,no mam the car has 150k miles on it and components do wear out. I don't hear from her for a week. Then I get a call yesterday did you not get my text, I said who is this she say JETTA I said let me check when did you text me she said just now. OMG this chick is relentless I ask what is the problem now. still not satisfied. I tell he bring it in tomorrow she says well I'm in the parking lot now. WTF I fell like I'm being stalked. I tell he bring it in Monday and I'll re tint what you are not happy with and you can stay and watch. she says well since you will be re doing the car I want 35% I have been stopped 2 times already.

I said no problem that will $160.00 pus $45.00 to remove the film I know where this is all going now. You wan me to correct your mistake because your husband told you to get 35% to start with ,this chick comes unglued ,I said calm down miss it could be worse ...she says how so ? I said for the past 2 weeks I thought you were OCD . I was about to explain to you how there is no such thing as a perfect world or a perfect tint job, because if it were so one of your ***s would no so much bigger than the other, I was going to take the pressure off me and put on your plastic surgeon.

TRUE STORY

HERE IS THE CAR.

tintwork011-1.jpg

I had the same type of issue with a flat glass customer a few years ago......tinted the windows near their kitchen table. Before starting, I told them the air conditioning would have to be temporarily turned off and their dog be put in another room. Both of which they refused to do. Tinted the windows and had one very small dust speck at a bottom corner of a lower double hung. The wife calls me back two days later and tells me that there are al kinds of spots on the film. I go back to inspect and find one spot where I said. They both tell me that when they sit at the table, they can see 'this spot'. As I explain to them that they refused to turn off the air and put the dog away, this job came out near perfect. One dust speck. Informed them that I could retint, but there was no guarantee that there would'nt be a spot in the replaced film. So, they tell me they want the film removed, since they would not be able to live with a dust spot. The funniest part was the spot was about 1/4" from the corner. People are definately screwed up!!!

I had the same type of issue with a flat glass customer a few years ago......tinted the windows near their kitchen table. Before starting, I told them the air conditioning would have to be temporarily turned off and their dog be put in another room. Both of which they refused to do. Tinted the windows and had one very small dust speck at a bottom corner of a lower double hung. The wife calls me back two days later and tells me that there are al kinds of spots on the film. I go back to inspect and find one spot where I said. They both tell me that when they sit at the table, they can see 'this spot'. As I explain to them that they refused to turn off the air and put the dog away, this job came out near perfect. One dust speck. Informed them that I could retint, but there was no guarantee that there would'nt be a spot in the replaced film. So, they tell me they want the film removed, since they would not be able to live with a dust spot. The funniest part was the spot was about 1/4" from the corner. People are definately screwed up!!!

1/4" from the corner !?!? You gata be kidding me :spit It sounds like they had to go looking for it to find it to me.

Archived