OCD customer

Guest maxwax

I had the same type of issue with a flat glass customer a few years ago......tinted the windows near their kitchen table. Before starting, I told them the air conditioning would have to be temporarily turned off and their dog be put in another room. Both of which they refused to do. Tinted the windows and had one very small dust speck at a bottom corner of a lower double hung. The wife calls me back two days later and tells me that there are al kinds of spots on the film. I go back to inspect and find one spot where I said. They both tell me that when they sit at the table, they can see 'this spot'. As I explain to them that they refused to turn off the air and put the dog away, this job came out near perfect. One dust speck. Informed them that I could retint, but there was no guarantee that there would'nt be a spot in the replaced film. So, they tell me they want the film removed, since they would not be able to live with a dust spot. The funniest part was the spot was about 1/4" from the corner. People are definately screwed up!!!

1/4" from the corner !?!? You gata be kidding me :dunno It sounds like they had to go looking for it to find it to me.

OCD to the Nth degree........................

Alot of these people i tell them it take about 4-6 weeks for the tiny imperfections to go away . I find they find something else that pisses them off by them by then and they will forget about the minor problems . . I hate to say this but customers dont want to hear the truth . They want you to BS them . Keeping it real !

Alot of these people i tell them it take about 4-6 weeks for the tiny imperfections to go away . I find they find something else that pisses them off by them by then and they will forget about the minor problems . . I hate to say this but customers dont want to hear the truth . They want you to BS them . Keeping it real !

this is true. i tell the really annoying picky customers that it will take 90 days for imperfections to clear up. i also hate it when they tell you that they got a quote from some other shop for $10 more like if they had paid the extra $10 they think they would have gotten a better tint job and even if they thought that way wouldnt you think theyd go to they shop instead of the cheaper one. people are dumb.

you don't need this customer coming back-tell her the job you did was good quality and it is the best you can do. no refund and no redo. sorry if you are not happy but this is aftermarket tint and you can not expect factory perfection.

Archived