What EXACTLY" should the public consider an acceptable tint job?

Guest maxwax

Guest VOLTRON

A perfect tint job is rare. If I wanted to pick the hell out of a tint job I could find something wrong with it, weather a spec of dirt or a gap on one side of the window that doesnt match the other side. Now that being said you can still tint do an install that is damn near perfect which is what the norm should be but is not always the case. Every tinter has an idea of what is acceptable and what isnt and it will vary from tinter to tinter.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotcha - so no matter what there is going to be some sort of specs somewhere so dont fret it - it is what it is as long as there is not a %&$# ton of them.

Guest scottydosnntkno

correct. My rule is if theres more than 3 specs in 1 square inch then it gets redone, same with if i can find more than 5 specks per window. Generally this only happens on rear windows near the edges, but every now and then in the corner of a side window.

side windows are a matter of technique. I used to tuck everything, and would have a few specks at the fold line and possibly a couple at the bottom. Since i switched to pulling every panel and installing the whole piece at once, quality has shot up exponentially and i rarely get 2 noticeable specks in a window.

Guest CZtint
if a customer shows you a spot that bugs them say in the middle of the window - would you re-tint or they just have to live with it? Just curious.

redo and apologize, altough, I cant happen to me, I am checking all my jobs and if I found it incorrect I R&R before even custy can see it, so they are nearly always happy, I am redoing like one or two windows per year which comes from customers, that doesnt mean a thing tho, as I am redoing many windows I am not satisfied with asap.

Guest CZtint
As I am not a tinter, I am trying to understand this from your comments -

When asking about dirt/fibers - I was told that there will ALWAYS be small pieces of dirt etc as it is in the water etc and it is impossible to not have something somewhere - so the next statement was - go look at my truck even I as the owner have small specs under my tint just have to accept it - is this correct? Again this is my question as a consumer trying to understand if that is indeed normal and something we need to accept.

hmm, its not always, I mean, there will be one, two, three maybe, but It cant be like 20, as something happened, and you can use some kind of filter for your sprayer so it mitigates any possible dirt from water to its minimum.

Guest VOLTRON
Tim - thank you for the answers and opinions - I appreciate being able to ask and getting a civilized answer.

No problem raven, some times when the same question is asked very frequent (as in this case) it gets annoying to some to have to keep answering these questions. I too sometimes get tired of answering the same questions over and over but I have to tell myself that the person asking the questions doesnt know my proffesion and vice versa I dont know thiers so I have to look at it that way. We also get some consumers on this board that are rude and can get very unreasonable with us and with the industry about what they think is acceptable of an industry they know very little about.

Archived