Advertise Here

Protecting the windshield

Guest Invisibra.net

I heard there is someone in Vegas manufacturing a windshield protection film that isn't Clearplex...? Anyone else know of this?

I was an official Clearplex installer for a bit, but not any more. Too big a pain to install, too expensive, not a long enough warranty, etc...

I'd LOVE to find another manufacturer.

I just remembered... Clearplex MIGHT have gotten a patten on 'windshield protection' & may be the only option now?

Clearplex MIGHT have gotten a patten on 'windshield protection' & may be the only option now?
:hmmm

I have some ClearPlex like film, it's not ClearPlex and it's not made in USA and it costs about 1/2 of ClearPlex... installed it on a few car, seems to stand up quite well until now...

Cool! What is the product name and manufacturer? A website would be great.

Guest Invisibra.net
Clearplex MIGHT have gotten a patten on 'windshield protection' & may be the only option now?
:dunno

I have some ClearPlex like film, it's not ClearPlex and it's not made in USA and it costs about 1/2 of ClearPlex... installed it on a few car, seems to stand up quite well until now...

Yes, share the beans.

Why can't I just put Xpel on my windshield? Will it create visibilty issues or will it not stick?

PPF is pretty clear on glass, but not clear enough.  There's a lot of liability when it comes to windshield films, so most companies steer clear.

Archived