Local glass company breaking the law.....

I'm not sure if they are intentionally breaking the law, but I have had builders and such call asking me to film glass that was supposed to be tempered per code. Normally the reason given is that it's less $$ to do that then pay for tempered glass.....

:lol

This glass company gets the plans for so much new construction and MUST KNOW that tempered glass is called for on the plans. I am sure they do this intentionally, since the jobs that slip through make them more money. They installed a ton of glass into an indoor storage facility awhile back (4'x4' glass in a 4 pane block) and made it through until the final inspection and the building inspector looked for the temered mark on the glass but found none. Then the glass co. tried to tell the owner that it was their reponsibility to pay for the filming. I can tell you that this is a low class operation.

I did work at a national guard base for them, and they put me off for 8 months on payment, claiming that the state had not paid them for the work, only to find out they had been paid in 30 days. And they did this on more than one occasion.............

Archived