Do you carry multiple brands of films?

Guest jcoe

Hey,

I am trying to decide which film to use but I like multiple brands. Is it an issue to carry more than one, or is there some other reason to carry one brand and stick to that one brand only?

for auto keeping extra stock when switching films isn't such a big deal as flatglass. Don't get me wrong its nice to have some laying around but I wouldn't stock an extra roll just incase someone comes back 5 years later. Just strip and re-tint with something close and if need be re-do both fronts as opposed to one. Now flatglass is a different ball game. :nope

yes carry more than one film, customers like choices imo

for auto keeping extra stock when switching films isn't such a big deal as flatglass. Don't get me wrong its nice to have some laying around but I wouldn't stock an extra roll just incase someone comes back 5 years later. Just strip and re-tint with something close and if need be re-do both fronts as opposed to one. Now flatglass is a different ball game. :nope

yes carry more than one film, customers like choices imo

I offer all kinds of FLAT GLASS window film to my customers as well. Just finished a job today using suntek ultra vision.... 3 days ago jhonson pallasade etc etc, 3M etc etc ..I also buy allot of flat glass film from howard over at express window films,,,,, 6 days ago i drove there 3 times last week and picked up some tinted 4 mil security film and ddi a job in harlom etc etc.. BUt I was thinking more along the lines this kid is young and just starting out tinting..CARS not flat glass..... just assumed........ So for him it would be a good decision to keep extra rolls incase 1 window here and there come back as he is in the beggining stages of tinting......

gotcha, yeah ya definitely want extra film for re-do's due to installation.

Guest MaXPro Films

Depends on your market and your customer base..

Do your customers care about a lifetime quality product or do they just want the cheapest price?

Auto can be a PITA to keep swapping film brands, you will inevitably get someone with a single window to match something you did 6 months ago. So I would stick with one mfr as much as possible. FG, I believe you need to keep all options open, so many projects are going to require a certain product and if your mfr of choice does not have it than you do not want to loose the job because of it.

We try to carry two film brands to have a diversity in our lineup, to take advantage of differing technologies that are held within different brands, and to spread our own risk.

Tim

We try to carry two film brands to have a diversity in our lineup, to take advantage of differing technologies that are held within different brands, and to spread our own risk.

Tim

Guest SolarGardGuy

Well, many film mfg's have different level lines. For instance, I distributor for Solargard and I stock their NR Smoke Plus & NR Charcoal. I have some guys that buy both. One as the economy level and the other if they have a customer who just wants to pay more. There are lines above those as well but I don't stock them as they don't seem to be in high demand. For the most part, most guys just go with 1 line though just to keep it simple.

If you are interested in getting some price please give me a ring at 631.881.4211

Thanks,

Sean

Guest scottydosnntkno

so your a solar gard distributor who only stocks two lines of film that basically compete with eachother? Why no HP films, those are huge sellers. Plus the quantum sells well for the high end cars.

Guest SolarGardGuy

We do actually have some HP Smoke in stock, we just don't get many requests for HP. Same thing with the higher end film. We are not against stock the higher end films at all there just isn't enough demand right now, if that changes we'd be more than happy to bring it in.

There is actually quite a large price difference between the Smoke and Charcoal line so they do not really compete with eachother. If anything Charcoal and Supreme compete as they are alot closer in price.

so your a solar gard distributor who only stocks two lines of film that basically compete with eachother? Why no HP films, those are huge sellers. Plus the quantum sells well for the high end cars.

Archived