F***ING BEAMER!!

Guest vic3d

Guest vic3d

How the hell do you get the tint on the front roll-ups into the front vertical gasket!?!?!? SO FREAKING TIGHT. It's an R&R job and the old tint was all the way in the so I wanna make it go all the way in (no pun intended).

Guest Mario

It's hard not to crease the film without removing the panel... I have used the plastic gasket wizard(also known as carpet shield; used by painters), if not removing the panel.

Guest vic3d
It's hard not to crease the film without removing the panel... I have used the plastic gasket wizard(also known as carpet shield; used by painters), if not removing the panel.

It's not the bottom gasket... I have tried both with the gasket, and without it.. its the side gasket where the felt is... behind the rearview mirror.

How 'bout some flat glass there Vicster? :facepalm2

J/K Aren't beemerz fun!

LOL!! some are easy, some are straight annoying... especially with the customers face on the other side of the door watching you from 1 foot away.

Guest vic3d
Sounds like he's about to snap on that Beamer....

I really was.. Almost ripped the film I had installed already on the rear doors and then told him to take it somewhere else.. but i figured that probably would not be good for my business.... especially since the owner works at a Toyota dealership 2 blocks from my shop. Can you believe that? :facepalm2 I have to nail this car.. Windshield fil install was PERFECT, the back doors are great, and the BG I will finish tomorrow...

Guest Mario

That's the part I was talking about... I cut a small piece of the plastic, and run it behind the gasket. That way the film will slip in without dirt, etc... But removing the panel(if you're comfortable with it), would be an option too.

The beamers are just plain tight...most of them. So are their owners... :facepalm2

Guest vic3d
That's the part I was talking about... I cut a small piece of the plastic, and run it behind the gasket. That way the film will slip in without dirt, etc... But removing the panel(if you're comfortable with it), would be an option too.

The beamers are just plain tight...most of them.

I have a couple of those red devils.. I might try it tomorrow.. Yeah that was another problem.. the film would get dirty. It's tight for sure but also the tweeter makes it hard because it's in the way and you have to get the film WAY in there.

Guest Mario

The plastic I'm talking about is white. It's not the Red Devil. That's too thick. If you were to look at the profile of the piece it looks like an L. One side is about 1/2" long and the other is about an inch or 1.5". They come in 36" lengths( I think...maybe 48").

Anyway, let me know how it works out for you...got some work to do.

Guest vic3d
The plastic I'm talking about is white. It's not the Red Devil. That's too thick. If you were to look at the profile of the piece it looks like an L. One side is about 1/2" long and the other is about an inch or 1.5". They come in 36" lengths( I think...maybe 48").

Anyway, let me know how it works out for you...got some work to do.

I will try it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks...

Archived