global window films

Guest olegus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Pjtintz,

Thanks for the heads up on that.

I am being perfectly honest with you. I can't purchase the product for anywhere near that price and I buy it buy the container load every month.

-Howard

That was a red flag for me that something wasn't right.

Slick, sorry for mentioning price. I only mentioned it b/c it was waaaay off from what any roll of that size should cost.

Guest autoglass

Hello there,

Check out www.igschemicals.com they are authorized dealers for SunControl window film here in Los Angeles, CA and Midwest region. SunControl is improved version, or custom version of Global. Many tinters here in LA recommend it! Lowest prices, you will be impressed with quality of NR and HP films, especially.

Hello and welcome to tintdude! Just so all the people here understand............. The film you are selling is not Global window film or a improved version of it. I have not tried your sample roll yet but am sure it is great film and priced right.

Hi Stan!

Dan from Romania here! :beer

If I remember correctly Suncontrol is the first brand name of GWF and Global is the brand name made for US market...

But right now I am very sure that SUNCONTROL is the same film as GLOBAL with different box...I made a lot of test and it is the same color, same easy way to shrink,etc .... :thumb

Best regards from me and my wife!

Dan

I use Sun Control, I live in central Illinois and the distributor for my region is outstanding.. Michelle is her name I believe. Very thorough and on top of things. She actually recommended Sun Control over Global for the clarity.. As global has been known to look a little "brown" looking out.. She said it shrinks the same, same VLT ratings.. Everything is the same except for the warranty and I believe she said something about Global double dyes a layer...?? I could be wrong. But that's why it has that brownish tint to it..

Anyone agree? Disagree? Comments?

I say this in a public forum without fear of contradiction: They are not the same product.

The Global Films are more expensive because the components and processes are significantly different. I just spoke with a fellow distributor about this issue less than an hour ago. Customers are still being told that various other films produced by this manufacturer are just "Global at a lower price".

Anyone seeking to purchase Genuine Global Film should contact their Authorized Distributor. This topic has been beat to death on other threads. The factory reads these boards. The distributors of these various other products are supposed to be forthcoming with their customers about the limitations of the non-Global films, yet we keep getting reports along these lines (Post #35).

-Howard

sun control is supposed to be, so I was told, made by garware, but it is NOT Global film. I have had hands on some of it and it was similar, but I would say most films are similar if you know what you are doing.

Ok makes sense, but when I went to order Global.. The lady pushed me toward Sun Control. I've used both and didn't notice any difference, besides the interior color looking out.. I guess my qualm with this is, why does the Global distributor try to sell you a different product? Haha. I'm not disappointed by any means it's just confusing.. I figure they would be trying to sell their own product. Unless I'm just missing something.. I got the number and email from the global website.

Archived