Is this happening to anyone else????

Dealt with this before also, on various films except maybe Hanita which always sticks. It helps a bunch if you precut, and roll up the film with the liner in. Helps even more if you do this a couple days before the job.

:waving

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dealt with this before also, on various films except maybe Hanita which always sticks. It helps a bunch if you precut, and roll up the film with the liner in. Helps even more if you do this a couple days before the job.

There are only a few films you can get away with leaving rolled w/o having the liner pop and it shouldn't get to a point where you have to second guess what film is going to do what :thumb

Like I said before , this is a recent problem for the manufacturers to deal with.

thanks though :thumb

Never had a liner pop, assuming you mean tunneling when rolled up.

There are only a few films you can get away with leaving rolled w/o having the liner pop and it shouldn't get to a point where you have to second guess what film is going to do what :bs

Like I said before , this is a recent problem for the manufacturers to deal with.

thanks though :beach

Probably means the liner releasing in certain spots making it finger on a precut :zzz. This crap is really getting annoying though, i put up a sample piece of film yesterday only say a 10x10 and within a minute it had almost curled off the glass :mad

That film has a severe curl. At EWF, as soon as the curl exceeds 135 degrees (away from the glass) it is deemed unacceptable.

I have no idea how this is handled by other suppliers, but if it happened at EWF:

• A Trouble Ticket is entered
  • The roll number is obtained from the customer
  • We will attempt to locate another roll on the shelf with the same roll number
  • We will inspect and install a piece of it on glass
  • If we observe and confirm the problem, we quarantine ALL of the remaining inventory
  • A Purchase Return is generated and the material is returned to the vendor
  • A pickup tag is emailed to the customer
  • A replacement roll is dispatched

In some cases, X-100 will help the film bond to the glass quicker thereby overcoming the curl. But the curl shown in these pictures is quite severe. Minor curl (30-60 degrees) can usually be overcome with the X-100. When the curl gets as bad as it is in these pictures, even X-100 may not help.

-Howard

I haven't seen any manufacturer that won't return a roll of film if you have problems with it. By then the aggravation has already happened, so it's small consolation. I wouldn't use any CDF films if I thought I was going to be in this business 15 years down the road. Nightmare waiting to happen. I still think the best combination of a film that sticks, lasts, isn't a true PS, and can be removed reasonably is Hanita. Anybody else know of a film that covers those 4 points reasonably well? I'm just curious because I haven't used everything out there, Huper and Vkool come to mind. :dunno

Definitely lucky, last time I used it I went through a whole bunch of nail polish so I could get off the job site. Big waste of time. :fdup

:lol2 :lol2 :lol2 OT did you ever install film with spray on adhesive? You would fill your tank with the slime , kind of like the dot matrix glue but a little thinner. Spray it on the film and squeege like normal only your tools always had to be wiped down. Now theres a possible solution. :idea:thumb

There are only a few films you can get away with leaving rolled w/o having the liner pop and it shouldn't get to a point where you have to second guess what film is going to do what :lol2

thanks though :thumb

Yeah , I was going to say tunneling but I just saw Caddy Shack for the umpteenth time and couldn't bring myself to writing that :fdup :lol2 :lol2

Definitely lucky, last time I used it I went through a whole bunch of nail polish so I could get off the job site. Big waste of time. :lol2

:lol:lol2:lol2 is that aimed at TG ? OT did you ever install film with spray on adhesive? You would fill your tank with the slime , kind of like the dot matrix glue but a little thinner. Spray it on the film and squeege like normal only your tools always had to be wiped down. Now theres a possible solution. :idea:D

:lol No..I never had the pleasure. I do remember that weird early 3M crap though, where you had to spray the whatever off it to install. And no, TG knows what he's doing, it's not like EVERY roll from Suntek did this, just 1 or 2 like everyone else except the company that makes film that sticks. :lol

Archived